Advertisement

New Arrested Development episodes?

This is the main board on The Outhouse, where Outhousers talk about everything. No topics are off limits, and it doesn't have to be about comics. All the topics from the other boards also show up in The Asylum, so you never have to leave1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 265 posts
Formerly: AMS

New Arrested Development episodes?

Postby Rockman » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:08 pm

http://tv.ign.com/articles/119/1197849p1.html

Today, at a big Arrested Development reunion featuring the entire cast, along with series creator Mitch Hurwitz, there was a very surprising new bit of information: New Arrested Development TV episodes are part of the plan as well.

I actually have a hard time believing this film will ever happen. I have an even harder time believing that they would actually get new episodes on the air. As awesome as this show was, FOX did air the last block of episodes in like three weeks on friday nights.

Advertisement

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 240 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Re: New Arrested Development episodes?

Postby Amoebas » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:17 pm

If this is real, and there's no reason for Hurwitz to do so - this is great news.

I like the 9 featurette episode motif.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:19 pm

Amoebas wrote:If this is real, and there's no reason for Hurwitz to do so - this is great news.

I like the 9 featurette episode motif.

Depends on how they do it.

Much of the humor might be lost without Michael in the show, he was the straight man after all. Much of the gangs behavior was funny because it was grounded by the one character that seemed real (most of the time).

Same goes for George Michael and Maeby. Those two were only really funny when playing off one another (though Maeby moonlighting as a movie exec was pretty funny)

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 240 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:27 pm

Rockman wrote:
Depends on how they do it.

Much of the humor might be lost without Michael in the show, he was the straight man after all. Much of the gangs behavior was funny because it was grounded by the one character that seemed real (most of the time).

Same goes for George Michael and Maeby. Those two were only really funny when playing off one another (though Maeby moonlighting as a movie exec was pretty funny)

Maeby's job as a studio execs is supposed to be central to the movie's theme.

Anyway - fresh from Will Arnets's twitter...
I'm peeing with @batemanjason at the moment..and we can confirm that we are going to make new AD eps and a movie

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Rockman » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Amoebas wrote:Maeby's job as a studio execs is supposed to be central to the movie's theme.

Anyway - fresh from Will Arnets's twitter...

:D

Whatever they do I'm on board. That show only gets better with time (aside from the occasional Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld gag which doesn't really work anymore)

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:59 pm

Conflicted about this, I love the show, but what if these new eps are bad?

Perhaps best to leave it as a classic.

Keb
<( ' . ' )>

Liked in: 206 posts
Title: Wastespacer
Formerly: Cocaine Biceps

Postby Keb » Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:05 pm

Maeby was the worst of the lot. Never found her funny. They should have just replaced her w/ Franklin.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The Asylum