Advertisement

Spider-Island: Heroes For Hire (Paul Denning Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 89 posts
Title: Shitlord

Spider-Island: Heroes For Hire (Paul Denning Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:25 am

This was basically Heroes For Hire #13, but it was good anyway. This issue did what any tie-in should and showed it’s heroes taking part in the big crossover, and in this case it’s fighting spider-people and then becoming spider-people. DnA got in cameos for most of the previous castmembers (plus Luke Cage and J. Jonah Jameson!), but the main meat of this story was the relationship between Misty Knight and Paladin. I was surprised by how touching this was, and I think this issue did the best job of all the Spider-Island tie-ins I’ve read so far in getting across the horror that someone would feel if they turned into a spider-monster. This was helped a lot by the art of Kyle Hotz, who is great at drawing weird angular grotesques and makes the spider-monsters look amazing. There were no hints to Villans For Hire like I expected, but this was no bad thing, DnA chose to focus on their characters rather than the over-arching plotline, and it worked.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand