Advertisement

Superboy #2 (spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 308 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Superboy #2 (spoilers)

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:32 pm

This isn't Superboy, this is Tempest from DV8 who happens to have a look and costume like Superboy =/

About the only thing he hasn't done yet is make someone's head explode and bang his sister. Did Superboy always have off-the-charts telekinesis like this?

Advertisement

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 656 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Re: Superboy #2 (spoilers)

Postby e_galston » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:56 pm

he's always had tactile telekinesis. It made up for most of superman's powers. originally he didn't have all the same powers as superman. he's x-ray vision was done by goggles. when johns started writing him in Teen Titans he pretty much was a superman clone exactly didn't use the tk that much. the last superboy series he started to use it again.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 373 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:19 pm

This was just bad.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Postby alaska1125 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:38 pm

It was weaker than the first issue. Sophomore blues, perhaps, but I'm in for at least one more before I put it on the chopping block.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:05 am

A decent issue, I really like Lobdell’s voice for Superboy, it’s very detached and just different from the norm. I also like the supporting cast this book is developing, I always liked Ravage as a member of the Teen Titans and she’s a lot of fun here. It’s obvious now that ‘Red’ is Caitlin Fairchild from Gen13, and we’re getting some hints as to what her status quo is and that she still has superpowers. The threat of ‘Templar’ and ‘NOWHERE’ isn’t really grabbing me though. I didn’t read Teen Titans #1 so are there any connections I missed? Did that book give us any more details on who these guys are? The best thing about this book is definitely the artwork though, RB Silva is just a great artist and he improves this book a lot.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand