Advertisement

Black Panther: TMDMA #524 (Check him out Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Black Panther: TMDMA #524 (Check him out Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:16 am

An enjoyable tie-in to Spider-Island, and one which made great use of giving Black Panther spider-powers, in that it just added to his bad-assery. It was a cool idea from Liss to have the issue be narrated not by T’Challa, but by Z-List Spider-Man villain Overdrive. The mind of a minor villain is a perspective we haven’t seen very often, and it was cool to see, and I ended up actually quite liking Overdrive and his reluctance to get involved in the fight between Panther and Lady Bullseye. The art by Franco Francavilla was great as usual, and he used some very interesting panel layouts that really added to the story. Plus that cover! Brilliant. I also really dug how Liss used this tie-in to further his own story, introducting the Kingpin as a foe for the Panther and the idea of everyone’s favourite fatty trying to take over Wakanda. In many ways it was unimportant that Black Panther and Lady Bullseye were spidered up, which was different.

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 290 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Black Panther: TMDMA #524 (Check him out Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:45 pm

Another strong issue of this series. This is the only Spider Island tie that I'm going to be getting, but I found I wasn't lost at all. I loved that Liss used what could easily have been a throw away issue to bridge to the next story arc.

I'm looking forward to T'Challa's war with Wilson Fisk.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand