Thursday, July 28, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "Hope you survive the experience!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

New Avengers #17 (Uh, Timber Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:27 am

A fun action issue that sows plenty more seeds for the bubbling Norman Osborn/Dark Avengers plot. The New Avengers (and Iron Man) take down Ultimo, a giant robot, and it was a really cool fight, drawn brilliantly by Mike Deodato, I loved the two pages where he showed each individual Avenger in their own panel attacking Ultimo, and then the next page, being smashed by him. This was one of this issues where you just see the team fight something and banter a bit, and it was enjoyable as usual. But of course Ultimo was under the control of Norman Osborn, and was planning on stealing an Iron Man armour, I presume in order for Normie to become Iron Patriot once again. That fails, but then he does manage to get a sample of Wolverine’s DNA and blow up the Avengers. I just love how batshit Bendis’ Osborn is, ‘flay the skin from their bodies’ indeed.
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:43 am

these reviews for Bendis comics are so annoying to see in the forum because they usually include some stupid,ridiculous Bendis-speak as the title for the spoilers.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:12 pm

dairydead wrote:these reviews for Bendis comics are so annoying to see in the forum because they usually include some stupid,ridiculous Bendis-speak as the title for the spoilers.


Screw you, stop whining.
User avatar

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:17 pm

Looks like this thread is the Punch Avengers vs the Dairy Avengers...
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:20 pm

sdsichero wrote:Looks like this thread is the Punch Avengers vs the Dairy Avengers...


Except only one of us has made a thread for discussion, the other just moans about what other people do.

Backseat posting at it's finest.
User avatar

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:26 pm

Does the mansion get blown up again?
User avatar

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:27 pm

uh, timber
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:30 pm

oogy wrote:Does the mansion get blown up again?


Nope, just one of Tony Stark's factories.
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:44 pm

If I may ask, exactly why the fuck does Stormin' Norman, who has his own healing factor which helped him survive being fucking impaled through the fucking heart by his own fucking glider, need to take Wolverine's DNA so he can copy his healing factor?

Dumb, Bendis...dumb.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:54 pm

chap22 wrote:If I may ask, exactly why the fuck does Stormin' Norman, who has his own healing factor which helped him survive being fucking impaled through the fucking heart by his own fucking glider, need to take Wolverine's DNA so he can copy his healing factor?

Dumb, Bendis...dumb.


Who said it was for him?
User avatar

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:55 pm

This was terrible. The format still sucks, it was just a hair better than 16.1 which might be the worst Avenger comic I've ever read.

Hab
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:51 pm

Punchy wrote:
Who said it was for him?

why would he need it for ANYBODY? he has his own DNA right there that they can sample, reverse-engineer, mass-produce, whatever. give his AIM/Hydra/HAMMER/whoever goons a couple loose strands from that magnificent coiff and let them go to town.
User avatar

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:54 pm

chap22 wrote:why would he need it for ANYBODY? he has his own DNA right there that they can sample, reverse-engineer, mass-produce, whatever. give his AIM/Hydra/HAMMER/whoever goons a couple loose strands from that magnificent coiff and let them go to town.


Yeah, but can you see Norman willingly giving people his DNA? He's probably pretty protective over it, thinks it's his god-given right or something.

Plus, Goblin-serum does have a tendency to drive people crazy...
User avatar

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Oct 14, 2011 2:47 pm

Punchy wrote:
Yeah, but can you see Norman willingly giving people his DNA? He's probably pretty protective over it, thinks it's his god-given right or something.

Plus, Goblin-serum does have a tendency to drive people crazy...

i doubt Norman gives a shit about driving anybody else crazy. especially when he's in denial that it even turned him crazy.
User avatar

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:31 pm

chap22 wrote:If I may ask, exactly why the fuck does Stormin' Norman, who has his own healing factor which helped him survive being fucking impaled through the fucking heart by his own fucking glider, need to take Wolverine's DNA so he can copy his healing factor?

Dumb, Bendis...dumb.


Didn't it take him ages to recover from that?

Wolverine's instant healing > Goblin healing.

leave a comment with facebook


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cavemold and 77 guests