Thursday, July 28, 2016 • Morning Edition • "We're the god damn Outhousers."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Grifter #2 Discussion

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:22 pm

Grifter #2 Discussion

The Outhouse wants to know what you think about Grifter!

Outhouse Poster Xaaran isn't thrilled about DC's new Grifter series and thinks that the company should have left Wildstorm alone.  Do you agree?  Leave a comment below!

grifter #2 was meh for me, my poor wildstorm universe; they should have just launched a wildcats book instead of grifter and voodoo books

Written or Contributed by: LOLtron

http://173.199.169.70/index.php/features/202-forum-discussions/16611-grifter-2-discussion.html/

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:27 pm

xaraan wrote:grifter #2 was meh for me, my poor wildstorm universe; they should have just launched a wildcats book instead of grifter and voodoo books

Exactly. They should have just fixed what needed fixing and left well enough alone. So far most of the #2's that I've read, even the one's I previously liked, have been meh.

xaraan

Staff Writer

Postby xaraan » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:34 pm

yea, I have been having the same luck so far with the #2's

fieldy snuts

Rain Partier

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:57 pm

This book is just weird...a black ops hardass who's all of a sudden all flaky and freaks out about killing? It's like DC told Edmonson to make Grifter like Jake Ellis. I dread to see what the rest of DCnU Team 7 look like....especially Lynch & Slayton.

This guy's basically like the old Voodoo is, isn't he? He has the ability to see these new energy like Daemonites? Makes me wonder just what that thing in Voodoo was if they're supposed to be the new Daemonites.

m0d0k

Bron-Yur Stomper

Postby m0d0k » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:34 am

I thought the first issue was average at best. There aren't too many of us who were actually fans of the old Wildstorm U, but for us, I think these changes are even harder to stomach. (Especially after Christos Gage and DnA did such a good job over the last few years.)

fieldy, who's to say that Team 7 even existed now?

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:14 pm

How is this LOLtron worthy? :?

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:16 pm

GLX wrote:How is this LOLtron worthy? :?

Because we're highlighting the discussion of certain books. It was the first one I saw today so it got the nod.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:20 pm

BlueStreak wrote:
Because we're highlighting the discussion of certain books. It was the first one I saw today so it got the nod.

What happens if someone writes a review for after a discussion article has been made?

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:37 pm

GLX wrote:
What happens if someone writes a review for after a discussion article has been made?

That's why we've made a new category called "Forum Discussions" to seperate it from the reviews, which are in an entirely different section of the front page.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:06 am

Well I’m enjoying this book. It’s basically a rip-roaring action movie, and Edmondson works in some great action sequences, the fight in the diner was excellent, as was the confrontation between Cole and his brother in the desert. It doesn’t hurt when the artwork is bloody brilliant, CAFU is just awesome. I will say that I could probably do without Grifter’s internal narration, it’s not necessary and is a little too cute, I don’t want it to get as annoying as Madrox’s narration in X-Factor which just pisses me off these days. But enough about X-Factor, I also liked how this book explored the Daemonite conspiracy a little more, is the general out to hunt them, or is he one of them? Dun dun dun!

leave a comment with facebook