Advertisement

Justice League #2 (never been touched Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Justice League #2 (never been touched Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:58 am

An improvement over #1, this book is moving slowly, but it’s doing a great job of reintroducing the DCU’s biggest characters and summing them up for new readers. I particularly liked Barry Allen and Superman in this issue although Hal is still a moron. There were some really cool Superman moments in this book, like him busting out of GL’s chains and then flicking Flash on the nose, just the right level of cockiness. I do have some issues with the Cyborg stuff, are we supposed to be siding with him against his dad, are we supposed to be viewing playing American Football as better than science and gaining knowledge? It seems kind of anti-intellectual to me. This is superhero comics, we’re not supposed to sympathise with the jocks, we hate them! They’re douchebags like Flash Thompson and Whitney from Smallville and Guy Gardner. Vic Stone is a dumb-ass and he deserves to get blown up! Ahem. Jim Lee’s art was Jim Lee, you know what that entails by now, it’s good at what it does. The back-up text-feature with Steve Trevor and Amanda Waller was OK, kind of lame but it did introduce Captain Marvel and Shazam into the new DCU, I’m interested to see what the new Big Red Cheese will be like.

Advertisement

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Re: Justice League #2 (never been touched Spoilers)

Postby bkthomson » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:00 am

Yeah, not liking Hal, he reads like he is a twelve year old who is trying to prove too much to the big kids.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:30 am

Hal's great. In this book Hal's not far from when he first recieved one of the universe's most powerful weapons. Like it wouldn't go to our heads if we ever got a ring. I like his cockiness (and I mean that in a very non-Starlord kind of way :groucho: ).

And Punchy - It's obvious your school's footballers wedgied, pantsed you and then threw you in lockers. Don't take it out on poor Vic. :-D

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:32 am

Amoebas wrote:Hal's great. In this book Hal's not far from when he first recieved one of the universe's most powerful weapons. Like it wouldn't go to our heads if we ever got a ring. I like his cockiness (and I mean that in a very non-Starlord kind of way :groucho: ).

And Punchy - It's obvious your school's footballers wedgied, pantsed you and then threw you in lockers. Don't take it out on poor Vic. :-D

Surprisingly, we didn't have an American Football team at my school in the UK. There's no real jock culture in british schools, nobody cares that much about the school sports teams.

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Title: That Guy, Roman.

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:33 am

I've always hated Hal Jordan, no writer has ever managed to change my mind on that.

But this issue was a tad step up from #1 which I found dull ... so I MIGHT stick around for #3.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:08 am

Wow, I never thought I would say this (because I actually really like Hal Jordan) but I am really starting to dislike DCnU Hal, especially in this series.

Punchy, I don't think we are supposed to side with Vic because he is a jock who thinks a couple of football games are more important than his dad's research. Because that would be asinine. I think we are just supposed to feel bad for him because his dad clearly doesn't prioritize his son over his work. His dad basically told him "son, none of the things that you care about now are important, they never will be, and I have absolutely no interest supporting these childish cries for attention. Grown up and get a real job!" While true, it is still a terrible thing to say to a teenager who only wants to see his father take an active role in his life.

On a side note, I absolutely loved seeing the Flash knock Superman several feet away and through a wall. I am glad that they are showing some of the other benefits that superspeed would give a person besides just running fast.

jeremy
Staff Writer

Title: www.jeremyshane.info
Formerly: xaraan

Postby jeremy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:05 pm

I'm liking Hal, though I'm not really a big GL fan so it's not like I'm bothered watching him become someone I laugh at.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:58 pm

Punchy wrote:
Surprisingly, we didn't have an American Football team at my school in the UK. There's no real jock culture in british schools, nobody cares that much about the school sports teams.

Which is why the UK sucks and you're a bunch of pansies.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Plenty of great stuff
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:59 pm

This issue bored the shit out of me. 2 issues in and nothing has really happened.
Plenty of great stuff

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:01 pm

avengingtitan wrote:Which is why the UK sucks and you're a bunch of pansies.

Reported.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:05 pm

Punchy wrote:
Reported.

And my point is proven.
Plenty of great stuff

Juan Cena
DANG!

Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:51 pm

This book is starting out way too slow.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Juan Cena
DANG!

Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:52 pm

Amoebas wrote:Hal's great. In this book Hal's not far from when he first recieved one of the universe's most powerful weapons. Like it wouldn't go to our heads if we ever got a ring. I like his cockiness (and I mean that in a very non-Starlord kind of way :groucho: ).

DC could put out 22 pages of blank pages and you'd like it.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:22 pm

The Nacireman wrote:This book is starting out way too slow.

It scares me when we agree.
Plenty of great stuff

nietoperz
The Goddamn Bat-min

Title: Forum Manager

Postby nietoperz » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:59 am

avengingtitan wrote:Which is why the UK sucks and you're a bunch of pansies.

I know it's hard to fight nature, but you may want to consider trying to be less of a dumbass. Remember: we're laughing at, not with.

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand