Friday, July 1, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not CBR!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Review Group Week #297 - HP Lovecrafts The Dunwich Horror #1

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Postby ****** » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:19 am

Hoping I have time to steal the Aaron book and can come back next week.

Moving is hard work. :smt013

superfictious

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby superfictious » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Man, I was really expecting more from this comic. The first few pages were solid, atmospheric and moody, with the art capably reflecting the grotesque fate of Jason by an unknown horror.

After that, things fall apart. Instead of advancing the promising prologue, the book devolves into page after page of stilted and momentum-less dialogue between the remaining friends, seemingly amateur paranormal investigators. Even the last page disappoints, although that might have to do with the art as much as the story. While solidly rendered in the prologue, the art looks less and less professional when it really counts, with little movement and a drab tone that does little to hide the blocky and inconsistent anatomy.

No, I won't be checking out issue 2. Too bad.

Writing: 3
Art: 3

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:38 am

This comic was bad all around. I've never read any lovecraft but I'm sure he spinning in his grave at the adaptation. I didn't even bother with the back up of some messageboard handler doing his best Dave Mckean impression.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:36 pm

Article is up, 3.67

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Sat Oct 29, 2011 7:48 am

Punchy wrote:Article is up, 3.67

:o Wow, that's pretty damn low!

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:56 am

Starlord wrote:
:o Wow, that's pretty damn low!

Deservedly so. Almost as bad as Ultimate Spidey!

leave a comment with facebook