Monday, December 17, 2018 • Morning Edition • "Outhouser?! We barely know her!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Secret Invasion #5 SPOILERS

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Cernunnos

Swedish Pinata of Death

Postby Cernunnos » Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:07 pm

What Clint should have said. :-D

[youtube=425,344,c0ndsXVaPwc]Tombstone[/youtube]

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:44 pm

cncoyle wrote:Not to go all Ender Wiggin on you, Lord Simian, but wouldn't killing all the Skrulls technically be 'xenocide', not 'genocide'?

Huh. Technically? You're right. :)

Still, is Xenocide better? Just cause they're not Human? :)

(By the way, so you all know, I was kidding around in this thread, playing Plumber's Advocate. :))

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:41 am

Cap kills and has kills. These days. He killed right at the beginning of Brubakers series

Spidey-Man

Postby Spidey-Man » Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:44 am

Lord Simian wrote:Huh. Technically? You're right. :)

Still, is Xenocide better? Just cause they're not Human? :)

(By the way, so you all know, I was kidding around in this thread, playing Plumber's Advocate. :))

Reed turned the first ones into cows.

Not exactly how you would treat a human.

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:16 am

Yeah, but Reed... historically, he's a douchbag. :)

John Q.

cheese

Postby John Q. » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:42 am

Just read all 5 this morning (i had some catching up to do).

When read together it's a really good story so far, and there have been some kick ass moments, especially in number 5.

Clint getting nutso mad at the end is kinda understandable, he was completely convinced it was Mockingbird after the "October 12th" conversation. So maybe he's not feeling too heroic at the moment, do you blame him?

I will be glad to see them get out of the Savage Land though, and to see Thor and Cap get involved in the proper series.

Also, the cover for numer 8 is pretty sweet.

MoneyMelon

Chief Yankee Wanker

Postby MoneyMelon » Sat Aug 16, 2008 2:34 pm

I wasn't a big fan of this issue.

Truth be told, I think it was actually the weakest so far.

The whole scene with that green haired chick from SWORD breaking out Reed Richards was a little hard to swallow.

And I was hoping that Reed's method of identifying Skrulls would be a little more interesting that just some machine he built. I don't know what I was expecting, but I felt a little disappointed.

And they're still stuck in the Savage Land? Is that going anywhere? :roll:

And I was also disappointed when they kept hinting in the last issue that Thor and Captain America were going to show up but they were nowhere to be seen in this issue. I guess they're going to be the guys who swoop in and save the day in issue 7 or something.

This feels like yet another Marvel event that probably would have been better if they just kept it in the Mighty/New Avengers books instead of making it a whole big company-wide crossover.

And $4 for 22 pages? WTF?

Lord Simian

The Lord of the Monkeys

Postby Lord Simian » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:29 pm

cernunnos wrote:What Clint should have said. :-D

[youtube=425,344,c0ndsXVaPwc]Tombstone[/youtube]

That'd be awesome. No wonder Ennis stole the line in Preacher. :)

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:44 pm

MoneyMelon wrote:I wasn't a big fan of this issue.

Truth be told, I think it was actually the weakest so far.

The whole scene with that green haired chick from SWORD breaking out Reed Richards was a little hard to swallow.

And I was hoping that Reed's method of identifying Skrulls would be a little more interesting that just some machine he built. I don't know what I was expecting, but I felt a little disappointed.

And they're still stuck in the Savage Land? Is that going anywhere? :roll:

And I was also disappointed when they kept hinting in the last issue that Thor and Captain America were going to show up but they were nowhere to be seen in this issue. I guess they're going to be the guys who swoop in and save the day in issue 7 or something.

This feels like yet another Marvel event that probably would have been better if they just kept it in the Mighty/New Avengers books instead of making it a whole big company-wide crossover.

And $4 for 22 pages? WTF?

It seemed to me to have more action and actual plot movement than any other issue.

Hab

billyzoom666

cheese

Postby billyzoom666 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:22 pm

habitual wrote:It seemed to me to have more action and actual plot movement than any other issue.

Hab

Yeah, just got done reading this. IMO it was probably the best issue of the series and definitely the best since issue 1.

leave a comment with facebook