Advertisement

Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Victorian Squid
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 31777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:04 am
Formerly: Schmormerly


Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:06 pm

Rick Remender said in an informal twitter interview a couple months ago that this issue, the penultimate chapter of the Dark Archangel Saga, was one of his favorite UXF moments.

It's a great issue, too, is there any doubt Warren is completely beyond redemption here, or could he still be saved? The moment echoing a scene from The Dark Phoenix Saga, where Wolverine hesitates to kill Jean while she is in control for a second and begs him to kill her before it's too late, was funny and chilling. Speaking of Phoenix, just how powerful IS Dark Archangel? He manages to withstand some massive forces unleashed against him point-blank. :shock:

Great scene with AoA Jean Grey, Fantomex, & Psylocke, The scenes in Warren and Betsy's inner mind-scapes are suitably chilling and full of hidden meaning, and for once I liked the scenes of psychic combat shown in an X-Men comic where things are happening on more than one level.

Rick Remender says he's on the book for a few years, there will be a team shuffle coming up and also an "Otherworld" storyline featuring Cap't Britain.

Advertisement

ThatGuyRoman
User avatar
dINGO
 
Posts: 3150
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:42 am
Title: That Guy, Roman.


Re: Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:11 am

What is there left to say about this series? It's just awesome, and in my opinion, the best book being put out by either major company.

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 15844
Likes: 155 posts
Liked in: 192 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Postby guitarsmashley » Sat Nov 12, 2011 12:10 pm

ThatGuyRoman wrote:What is there left to say about this series? It's just awesome, and in my opinion, the best book being put out by either major company.


Pretty much.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

alaska1125
User avatar
dINGO
 
Posts: 3015
Likes: 95 posts
Liked in: 101 posts
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 pm


Re: Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Postby alaska1125 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:19 pm

Not one for trade waiting, I unfortunately have to since my LCS only has back issues up to part two.

PUCK
User avatar
Tip Top Dancer
 
Posts: 49
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:14 pm
Location: EVERYWHERE
Title: Master of the Universe
Formerly: PUCK


Re: Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Postby PUCK » Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:51 pm

I :smt026 :band :band :band :band THIS BOOK!!!

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34375
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 43 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: Shitlord


Online


Re: Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:25 am

What more can you really say about this book? It’s just fucking awesome and that’s all there is to it. There were so many great moments in this issue, from the flashback to Warren as a kid chatting with Professor X, to the last-minute save from the Age Of Apocalypse team, to AoA Nightcrawler porting Genocide to attack Archangel and then Betsy’s weird Hellfire Club dream sequence and then the awesome last page. I really can’t wait for #18, I want it bad and I want it now, the awesomeness of this issue leads me to believe that the next one will be THE BEST COMIC EVER. OK, maybe not, but it looks like being a hell of a conclusion. I really don’t see how Warren can come out of this alive, he’s a goner, and I think maybe another character may surprise us by kicking the bucket too.

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41347
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 37 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:30 pm

This has been the best X-story in a very, very, very, very, very long time. 20 years? More? Seriously.

And I say that as a huge fan of Morrison's New X-Men.

But this has blown me away.
Image

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 15844
Likes: 155 posts
Liked in: 192 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:44 am

Punchy wrote:What more can you really say about this book? It’s just fucking awesome and that’s all there is to it. There were so many great moments in this issue, from the flashback to Warren as a kid chatting with Professor X, to the last-minute save from the Age Of Apocalypse team, to AoA Nightcrawler porting Genocide to attack Archangel and then Betsy’s weird Hellfire Club dream sequence and then the awesome last page. I really can’t wait for #18, I want it bad and I want it now, the awesomeness of this issue leads me to believe that the next one will be THE BEST COMIC EVER. OK, maybe not, but it looks like being a hell of a conclusion. I really don’t see how Warren can come out of this alive, he’s a goner, and I think maybe another character may surprise us by kicking the bucket too.


Who? They've all be featured on the new x-men line up spreads?
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

guitarsmashley
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 15844
Likes: 155 posts
Liked in: 192 posts
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:53 pm
Title: Self Important


Re: Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Postby guitarsmashley » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:45 am

Holland Oats wrote:This has been the best X-story in a very, very, very, very, very long time. 20 years? More? Seriously.

And I say that as a huge fan of Morrison's New X-Men.

But this has blown me away.


Depending on how far Remender is allowed to go I would say it's a strong second to Morrison's destruction of the Marvel Universe.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.


doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk



I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

Image

DeadFett
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 14512
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:17 am
Location: A galaxy far, far away...
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember


Re: Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Postby DeadFett » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:23 am

Holland Oats wrote:This has been the best X-story in a very, very, very, very, very long time. 20 years? More? Seriously.

And I say that as a huge fan of Morrison's New X-Men.

But this has blown me away.


Agreed on all counts. I haven't been this excited for each new issue's release for any book in a long time. December 7th can't get here quick enough.
Image

DeadFett
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 14512
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:17 am
Location: A galaxy far, far away...
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember


Re: Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Postby DeadFett » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:24 am

guitarsmashley wrote:
Who? They've all be featured on the new x-men line up spreads?


I think AoA Jean Grey is going to die in addition to Warren.
Image

avengingtitan
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 19364
Likes: 11 posts
Liked in: 130 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:26 am
Location: Hershey, PA


Re: Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:35 am

I really love this book but I'm getting a little tired of the AoA universe. #17 issues in and we're stilling dealing with Apocalypse and his heir. Theres been what 3 issues, and one was the point 1 issue. Dont get me wrong its been great.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Chris
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 41347
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 37 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:10 pm
Title: Stuff Writer
Formerly: Chris


Re: Re: Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:58 am

avengingtitan wrote:I really love this book but I'm getting a little tired of the AoA universe. #17 issues in and we're stilling dealing with Apocalypse and his heir. Theres been what 3 issues, and one was the point 1 issue. Dont get me wrong its been great.

The AoA universe is awesome. I'm bummed they killed Creed.

I loved the AoA story in Point One, and will be getting that book for sure, but I wish we could've gotten an AoA ongoing with the X-Men.
Image

GLX
User avatar
Outhouse Editor
 
Posts: 38728
Likes: 1 post
Liked in: 51 posts
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:40 pm
Title: Leader of The Society


Re: Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Postby GLX » Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:50 pm

Image
Image

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Grayson
User avatar
Outhouse Drafter
 
Posts: 8042
Likes: 354 posts
Liked in: 636 posts
Joined: Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:34 am
Location: The Darkest Timeline
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie


Re: Re: Uncanny X-Force #17 (spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:02 pm

Holland Oats wrote:The AoA universe is awesome. I'm bummed they killed Creed.


They didn't. Holocaust eviscerated Creed in the Astonishing X-Men title of the AoA universe and he came back 2 issues later. Unless Archangel's wings are covered with the same material as the Muramasa Blade, then I am fairly certain Creed will heal and rejoin the fight.
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook


Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSN NewsBlogs and 90 guests

Advertisement