Advertisement

Ghost Rider #5 (Adopted Child Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Ghost Rider #5 (Adopted Child Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:23 am

Despite there being no Johnny Blaze in this month’s issue, this was still damn good, and sheds some much-needed light on Alejandra as a character, because at this stage she’s still pretty much a blank slate. The detail of her being an orphan and how this motivated her to save the other orphans was strong stuff, and then when the mysterious ‘Jones’ was her father, it was a nice twist. I also dig the running battle in her head between her own conscience and what the demon Zarathos wants. That will be interesting going forward. The artwork from Lee Garbett was very strong too, he’s a very underrated artist in my eyes and I’d love to see him on this book permanently. This issue could probably have done with a bit more of the humour of the first arc, but it was still good all the same, and some stories do need to be serious.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand