Advertisement

Fear Itself #7.2 (Tanarus Lives! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Fear Itself #7.2 (Tanarus Lives! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:59 am

Now that was a cool twist! I really like the idea that Tanarus has kind of retroactively replaced Thor throughout all of history. It’s a great concept and it suggests some really exciting possibilities, especially for what happens when Thor comes back, will the other Avengers side with him, or Tanarus? I also like the fact that Kid Loki is the only one who knows something’s up. I think the best thing about this issue was the approach Fraction took to the ideas of myth and gods and the like, how it’s stories. It’s an idea approaching similar material that the likes of Gaiman and Moore would cover, and it’s cool to see Fraction stretch his legs. But enough of that metaphysical babble, the best thing in this issue was Captain America casually strolling around with Mjolnir in his belt, how awesome was that? Kubert’s art was great too, but I do have a nagging problem with the fact that both major deaths in Fear Itself have been revealed to not be proper deaths so quickly. I realise one should never believe a character is dead, but so soon?

Advertisement

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 122 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Re: Fear Itself #7.2 (Tanarus Lives! Spoilers)

Postby habitual » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Punchy wrote:Now that was a cool twist! I really like the idea that Tanarus has kind of retroactively replaced Thor throughout all of history. It’s a great concept and it suggests some really exciting possibilities, especially for what happens when Thor comes back, will the other Avengers side with him, or Tanarus? I also like the fact that Kid Loki is the only one who knows something’s up.

I think the best thing about this issue was the approach Fraction took to the ideas of myth and gods and the like, how it’s stories. It’s an idea approaching similar material that the likes of Gaiman and Moore would cover, and it’s cool to see Fraction stretch his legs.

But enough of that metaphysical babble, the best thing in this issue was Captain America casually strolling around with Mjolnir in his belt, how awesome was that? Kubert’s art was great too, but I do have a nagging problem with the fact that both major deaths in Fear Itself have been revealed to not be proper deaths so quickly. I realise one should never believe a character is dead, but so soon?

Two things: I had always thought the Enchantress was actually Idunn so I was confused when she showed up. This was the best comic with Tanarus in it, ever, I think this is a poorly conceived idea.

Hab

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand