Advertisement

Superboy #3 (Red Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

troysshr
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 425 posts
Title: I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
Formerly: T-Rex

Superboy #3 (Red Spoilers)

Postby troysshr » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:32 am

So yes this is quickly becoming one of my favorites of the New 52 line of books! I love the artwork, and I love that Lobdell has pretty much given Superboy a complete reboot from scratch. N.O.W.H.E.R.E. seems like they are going to be a great antagonist for the hero and have far reaching implications throughout the DCnU. This is was fun, learning more about Superboys powers along with him, but what made this issue and the book itself get more amazing was the reveal that "Red" is none other than Caitlain Fairchild from Gen-13!! Also it was revealed that Superboy's dna is a combination of at least 3 different species: Human, Kryptonian, and at least a 3rd alien if I was reading correctly. This book is just all kinds of awesome so far!
ImageImageImage

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 184 posts

Re: Superboy #3 (Red Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:32 pm

meh
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 773 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:13 pm

avengingtitan wrote:meh

:lol:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 440 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:13 pm

i think the fact that Red was Caitlin is one of the worst kept "mysteries" from the reboot.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 993 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:19 pm

e_galston wrote:i think the fact that Red was Caitlin is one of the worst kept "mysteries" from the reboot.

Agreed. In fact, if I remember correctly, her identity was spoiled before the first issue even came out.

That being said, I am really enjoying this title. Don't get me wrong, I really hate that all of Conner's history and growth have been erased. Until DC brings the original DCU back as a separate line this will be a suitable alternative.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 184 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:20 pm

Cat-Scratch wrote:
:lol:

I stand by it. Lobdell has gone from being a great writer from the past to a horrible writer that is shitting on two of my favorites.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Postby Punchy » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:10 pm

The best thing about this book is RB Silva’s art, it’s just brilliant. Those couple of panels where Superboy has those little dots for eyes like a Herge drawing were fantastic, and really set the book apart from the usual DC look. The story from Lobdell is good too, I really like how he’s methodically approaching Superboy’s powers and really having a go at explaining just what the heck Tactile Telekinesis is, because it never made sense to me before. The new villains he’s introduced are also pretty interesting. But yeah, the main draw here is the art. It was pretty obvious that ‘Red’ was Caitlin Fairchild, but it was good to see that confirmed, and to see her in her pants for the first time in the new continuity.

IvCNuB4
Staff Writer

Liked in: 336 posts
Title: Stop messing with my TITLE !

Postby IvCNuB4 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:47 pm

How do we know that Red being Caitlin is one of the worst kept "mysteries" from the reboot ? Most of the characters from the new universe have been identifiable form the start so far. Maybe this one was just more of a tease for the less observant folks :lol:
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Call me when the rest of Gen13 shows up ... preferably in a book I'll actually keep reading. I keep waiting to be interested. I like Superboy, I like Fairchild, I like Rose Wilson. I do not like this book.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:56 am

I'd rather they put Brian Wood or Warren Ellis on a DV8 book. That's the only decent thing to come out of Gen13....along with Lynch who later was reworked in Sleeper.

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 440 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:55 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:How do we know that Red being Caitlin is one of the worst kept "mysteries" from the reboot ? Most of the characters from the new universe have been identifiable form the start so far. Maybe this one was just more of a tease for the less observant folks :lol:

well i'm pretty sure Lobdell confirmed it was her after the first issue shipped.

Timbales
Fisty McDigger

Liked in: 2 posts
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo

Postby Timbales » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:58 pm

I'm enjoying the series quite a bit.
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand