Advertisement

The New Review Group Week #1! - AVENGERS #19

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 59 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Re: The New Review Group Week #1! - AVENGERS #19

Postby Zero » Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:13 pm

I vote for Amoebas as new tyrant. Also I read this comic and it was fucking terrible.

Advertisement

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 67 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:18 pm

Jude Terror
John Snow/Amlah6
Punchy

You will be put on the list in the order you post your review for Avengers #19, so if you're itching to pick a book in the next few weeks... get your review in early!

:?

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Liked in: 61 posts

Postby ****** » Wed Nov 16, 2011 6:19 pm

GLX wrote:
:?

Ha ha! You have to post reviews of current books and can't coast anymore. :P

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Liked in: 55 posts
Title: Avatar Winner, Apr 2012

Postby Eli Katz » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:43 pm

So, this is the Review Group's Brand New Day. I see the new villains are a pale imitation of the old villains.

SilverPhoenix
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Harbinger of the Ponypocalyse
Formerly: Lord Solaris, Discord

Postby SilverPhoenix » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Zero wrote:I vote for Amoebas as new tyrant. Also I read this comic and it was fucking terrible.

Agreed. This felt like amateur hour from the writing on down. Even if T'Challa had joined, I'd be living in fear of how he was going write the guy.

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 338 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:42 pm

Punchy wrote:
Wrong Avengers #19

:smt011

Fine, have it your way...

Avengers #19

The cover alone send chills down the spine which only gets larger when one opens the book to see the Black Panther in combat against Ultron. Meanwhile the Avengers hold a press conference and the Scarlet Witch does some sexy dancing for Wonder Man. Jarvis breaks up the conference top report that the Panther is trouble and the team rushes off.

When they get there, we find out it's not Ultron after all but rather Alkhema! The Avengers get close to defeat when Wanda shows up and turns the table on the Adamantium foe. Everyone wants to know where Ultron is and she tells them to turn the TV on. The Avengers stand in horror watching Ultron raze the eastern Eurpeon nation of Slorenia.

Looks like they've got some avenging to do next issue!

Another gem by Busiek & Perez!

Writing - 9
Art - 9
Overall - 9

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 326 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:28 pm

I see a splinter group in the making.
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Postby DeadFett » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:04 am

I apologize for the lack of reviews the past couple weeks. I recently found out the company I work for is doing some "reorganizing". I've been informed that I may be out of a job at the first of the year so I'm trying to save some money in case I become unemployed. I do have the option to apply for the same job I have now so all is not lost. At this point I'd rather not pick up any extra books that I don't normally read. I'd still like to review when it's a book I normally purchase but will defer the option to pick a book when it become my choice due to I'm not reviewing something every week.

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:36 am

Sorry about the job turbulence. Hope you keep your job without hassle or reapplication.

Eli Katz
OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:26 am

guitarsmashley wrote:I see a splinter group in the making.

The splinter cell should be called Week 301.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 200 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:06 am

Really good standalone Bendis issue, which is rare. For me his stuff reads better in one sitting rather than one issue at a time...but this book broke that trend. Review to come later.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:26 am

Hang in there Fett! Sending positive energy your way.

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:35 am

Avengers #19

I want to start by saying that the art in this book is one thousand times better than previous issues. It doesn't hurt the eyes and there are some wonderful subtle features to each character. BRAVO for finally getting this one right.

The issue was okay other wise. Typical Bendis. I'm really not thrilled with Storm being on the team at all. But bringing the Vision back makes me say "thank you" to Bendis. The banter was fine here. I'd much prefer it in a setting that isn't battle. If Storm starts cracking one liners with Spidey, though, I will put on record that Bendis either does not know or really doesn't care about the actual characters. At this point though, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

The ending was what I always liked about Avengers books and Bendis did right. Announce a new team and use that last panel to start the new arc. Classic Avengers done right.

Story: 7
Art: 10
My Score: 8

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

guitarsmashley
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 326 posts
Title: Self Important

Postby guitarsmashley » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:57 am

DeadFett wrote:I apologize for the lack of reviews the past couple weeks. I recently found out the company I work for is doing some "reorganizing". I've been informed that I may be out of a job at the first of the year so I'm trying to save some money in case I become unemployed. I do have the option to apply for the same job I have now so all is not lost. At this point I'd rather not pick up any extra books that I don't normally read. I'd still like to review when it's a book I normally purchase but will defer the option to pick a book when it become my choice due to I'm not reviewing something every week.

I was there man, and could be there again..stupid non profits...but that's another time..do what you got to do and I've heard reading comics on your computer aint so bad,
doombug wrote:You really are the george carlin of the outhouse. that's fucking hilarious.

doombug wrote:and yeah, Yoni called it. :drunk

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole.
- Les Paul

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 67 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:34 pm

DeadFett wrote:I apologize for the lack of reviews the past couple weeks. I recently found out the company I work for is doing some "reorganizing". I've been informed that I may be out of a job at the first of the year so I'm trying to save some money in case I become unemployed. I do have the option to apply for the same job I have now so all is not lost. At this point I'd rather not pick up any extra books that I don't normally read. I'd still like to review when it's a book I normally purchase but will defer the option to pick a book when it become my choice due to I'm not reviewing something every week.

Sorry to hear that, man.

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand