Advertisement

Fear Itself #7.3 (I want you to comprehend scale Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Fear Itself #7.3 (I want you to comprehend scale Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:04 pm

I think this was my favourite of the three Fear Itself epilogues. Whilst it didn’t have anything as momentous happen as the revelation that Bucky isn’t dead or the birth of Tanarus, it was the best story, and it really got to the core of some of the stuff Fraction has been dealing with in Invincible Iron Man, which is faith. Tony Stark is a committed atheist, a rational scientist, yet he fights alongside and against Gods, and as a member of AA has to give himself up to a higher power. How do you square those opposing things? I don’t think Fraction has answered that here, but Iron Man’s confrontation with Odin was fantastic stuff, and after spending so much time making the All-Father a massive prick in the pages of Mighty Thor, Fraction finally had him do something decent by healing the people of Paris. This was basically an issue of Invincible Iron Man, so you know it was good anyway really.

Advertisement

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 164 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Re: Fear Itself #7.3 (I want you to comprehend scale Spoiler

Postby fieldy snuts » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:15 pm

If Odin didn't heal the people of Paris he'd be on par wit the Serpent as a villain in this story :lol:

I'm not sure if we'll see it in the future, and I've said this before, but I really want to see that Destroyer armor again for the inevitable Mandarin fight in a few months.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 625 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Fear Itself #7.3 (I want you to comprehend scale Spoiler

Postby Grayson » Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:01 pm

This wasn't my favorite of the Fear Itself epilogues but I did really enjoy it. I think that my favorite part of this issue was when Odin revealed to Tony just how truly insignificant that he is in the grand scheme of things.
ImageImageImage

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand