Advertisement

Wonder Woman #3 (Strength supporting strength Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Wonder Woman #3 (Strength supporting strength Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 7:35 am

I think this issue had some issues with pacing, I wasn’t sure whether the different strands were contemporaneous or flashbacks or what, but this was still very strong stuff and better than I expect from Wonder Woman. Chiang’s art is amazing, especially in the scenes with Hippolyta and Zeus fighting and fucking, great layouts and great figure-work. It’s interesting that Wonder Woman has gone from insisting on being called Diana to completely rejecting that name, but I don’t understand the symbolism of the crabs, what the heck was that?

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1239 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Wonder Woman #3 (Strength supporting strength Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:37 am

What really bothered me about this issue is that we are 3 issues in to this series and I don't think that I know what the human girl who is supposedly pregnant with Zeus's kid name is. In fact when Hermes, Diana, and Strife are talking about how vengeful and angry Hera is, the human girl interrupts them and they look about as annoyed as I was to be reminded that she is even still there. That, in a nutshell, is my only real problem with this series. We are 3 issues in and after the first issue they just sort of dropped any real relevance or impact that this character has.
ImageImageImage

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 95 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:39 am

Sakie wrote:What really bothered me about this issue is that we are 3 issues in to this series and I don't think that I know what the human girl who is supposedly pregnant with Zeus's kid name is. In fact when Hermes, Diana, and Strife are talking about how vengeful and angry Hera is, the human girl interrupts them and they look about as annoyed as I was to be reminded that she is even still there. That, in a nutshell, is my only real problem with this series. We are 3 issues in and after the first issue they just sort of dropped any real relevance or impact that this character has.

The woman's name is Zola.

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1239 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Postby Grayson » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:56 am

Punchy wrote:The woman's name is Zola.

Ah! Well, they haven't really spent any time trying to make the reader care about Zola. I mean, I am really enjoying this series so far and I haven't enjoyed a Wonder Woman story in years. However, lets say that something happens to Zola next issue. I will have no emotional interest because I have no connection to the character.
ImageImageImage

rdrsfn82
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 6 posts

Postby rdrsfn82 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:10 pm

I like the series, but this was the weakest issue. Still good, but I agree with some of the pacing problems. Felt like a few pages were missing and the transitions were just a little clunky. Still entertaining, and still one of the better DCnU books, but not quite as good as the first two issues.

ThatGuyRoman
dINGO

Liked in: 0 post
Title: That Guy, Roman.

Postby ThatGuyRoman » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Good, but not great. Still shaping up to be the most interesting take on Diana in ages.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand