Advertisement

2D to 3D

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

jorge
Birdman

Liked in: 0 post

2D to 3D

Postby jorge » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:23 am

Hey Everyone! Here is a very cool colab I did with the amazing 3D artist David Abreras. This is a character design I did for a personal comic I was working on but never had the time to finish back in 2006, I should really pick it up again sometime. Anyways...David asked me if he could use the character for modeling, couple of months later he showed me the final result and I was breathless. At first I thought it was my drawing just painted on top, then I looked closely and saw how close he kept the model to my concept. This was really exiting since this was the first time I've ever seen my character being represented by someone else in 3d, and boy he did a fantastic job. So...for those 3d artist outhere who are interested into the backstage work of David on this piece, check out the 3dtotal article/tutorial. http://www.3dtotal.com/tutorial/softimage_xsi/pirate_sandoje_character_modeling/sandoje_pirate_modeling_01.php

More of Davids work at http://www.cgdavarb.com/

Advertisement

GOSD
Everybody lies!

Liked in: 293 posts
Title: Lick me!
Formerly: Ghost of Scooterdoom

Postby GOSD » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:25 am

Wow! That's incredible.

It almost looks like a resin statue.

Rockman
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE