Advertisement

Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

JasonWelcome
User avatar
A Quagmire
 
Posts: 19
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 0 post
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:58 pm
Location: Lafayette, LA


Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby JasonWelcome » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:22 pm

Hey Guys

I'm new here, my name is Jason I'm making a six issue mini series I hope you guys will check it out!
You can see the promo video here:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/the ... on-bienven
Here's my blog also:
http://jasonbienvenu.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -book.html
I hope you guys dig it, let me know what you think!

Advertisement

Benderbrau
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 56099
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:18 am
Location: Your Moms Bedroom
Title: Proud Underachiever


Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby Benderbrau » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:36 pm

JasonWelcome wrote:pretty cool can we see some more angels?

Benderbrau wrote:Hmmm...random new poster bumping old dead threads with random posts? Can anyone say: future spammer? :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------
JasonWelcome wrote:I'm definitely gonna check this out!

Benderbrau wrote:Congrats buddy, only one more random post and you can post a link to whatever crap you're trying to hawk.

----------------------------------------------------------
JasonWelcome wrote:I do like making comic im actually making a comic book mini series.

Benderbrau wrote:Aaaaaand here we go... :lol:

----------------------------------------------------------

Baw hahahahahahahaha! So fucking predictable! :smt005
Image
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76906
Likes: 586 posts
Liked in: 967 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:07 am

Benderbrau wrote:
----------------------------------------------------------


----------------------------------------------------------


----------------------------------------------------------

Baw hahahahahahahaha! So fucking predictable! :smt005


You do know that we encourage creators to post their stuff in the Artists Corner and have for like four years now, right? :?

GHERU
User avatar


YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 39495
Likes: 272 posts
Liked in: 382 posts
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: Fucking Akron


Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby GHERU » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:10 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:You do know that we encourage creators to post their stuff in the Artists Corner and have for like four years now, right? :?
did you miss Bender's thread for you yesterday?
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Image

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76906
Likes: 586 posts
Liked in: 967 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:11 am

GHERU wrote:did you miss Bender's thread for you yesterday?


I saw it and disagreed. I don't think we need to make it harder for new posters to post here.

GHERU
User avatar


YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 39495
Likes: 272 posts
Liked in: 382 posts
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:03 pm
Location: Fucking Akron


Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby GHERU » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:15 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I saw it and disagreed. I don't think we need to make it harder for new posters to post here.

I agree
RUviews
Benderbrau wrote:Welcome to the Outhouse. Where civility means you're doing it wrong.

Image

Benderbrau
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 56099
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:18 am
Location: Your Moms Bedroom
Title: Proud Underachiever


Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby Benderbrau » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:16 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:You do know that we encourage creators to post their stuff in the Artists Corner and have for like four years now, right? :?

Did I say he couldn't? Nope. I just noted that this thread was the predictable conclusion to all his random posts. It's okay to just admit you're wrong Jude. You're married so you must be used to it by now.
Image
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76906
Likes: 586 posts
Liked in: 967 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:16 am

Benderbrau wrote:Did I say he couldn't? Nope. I just noted that this thread was the predictable conclusion to all his random posts. It's okay to just admit you're wrong Jude. You're married so you must be used to it by now.


Wrong about what?

Benderbrau
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 56099
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:18 am
Location: Your Moms Bedroom
Title: Proud Underachiever


Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby Benderbrau » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:18 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I saw it and disagreed. I don't think we need to make it harder for new posters to post here.

And Nieto agreed with me. So clearly there is only one way to settle this:

mawd death match.
Image
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

Timbales
User avatar
Fisty McDigger
 
Posts: 16897
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 2 posts
Joined: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:29 pm
Location: Syracuse, NY USA
Title: Namaste, mother fucker
Formerly: timberoo


Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby Timbales » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:19 am

considering other threads I see here, this doesn't bother me.
However, Liefeld is an enigma wrapped in a pouch-filled, muscular, footless conundrum.
Written or Contributed by ThanosCopter

Benderbrau
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 56099
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:18 am
Location: Your Moms Bedroom
Title: Proud Underachiever


Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby Benderbrau » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:23 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:Wrong about what?

Wrong in your insinuation that I was discouraging him from posting.
Image
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76906
Likes: 586 posts
Liked in: 967 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:26 am

Benderbrau wrote:And Nieto agreed with me. So clearly there is only one way to settle this:

mawd death match.


I think everyone misunderstood the purpose of the ten post limit. It's not to stop spammers. The anti-spam autoban does that - it blocks about 50 spammers every day from even signing up.

The ten post limit is to make it so that, when a spammer gets through, they will try to post links but not be able to.

At this point, it could be a pure spammer (viagra salesman) - these will likely give up, or post their spam sans links, and get deleted. It could be a hit and tun spammer - someone who wants to post a link to their ebay auction or competing comics website or something. These will post ten random comments, easily detectable, and usually get warned by a mod that they are welcome to self promote if they participate in the community. Otherwise, they get banned.

Finally, there is the third category - like this guy - who is a legitimate poster, coming here as out site invites him to, to post his stuff in the artists corner. This person is doing nothing wrong - he must unfortunately also make the ten obligatory posts, and so it can appear similar to the hit and run spammer, but his links in the artists corner are welcome. Furthermore, we hope that by having to participate in ten threads before he can make his artists corner thread, he will become interested in posting in the asylum and newsstand as well.

If anything, an argument could be made for removing the post limit altogether, but I think making it more restrictive would be a bad idea.

Also, your mom.

In any case, welcome to the Outhouse new guy.... hope you survive the experience. :P

S.F. Jude Terror
User avatar
OMCTO
 
Posts: 76906
Likes: 586 posts
Liked in: 967 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:44 pm
Location: Up Your Ass
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror


Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:27 am

Benderbrau wrote:Wrong in your insinuation that I was discouraging him from posting.


I didn't insinuate that - I just insinuated you were complaining for no reason. We were both stating the obvious. :P

Benderbrau
User avatar
Twenty-Something
 
Posts: 56099
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 3 posts
Joined: Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:18 am
Location: Your Moms Bedroom
Title: Proud Underachiever


Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby Benderbrau » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:30 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
I think everyone misunderstood the purpose of the ten post limit. It's not to stop spammers. The anti-spam autoban does that - it blocks about 50 spammers every day from even signing up.

The ten post limit is to make it so that, when a spammer gets through, they will try to post links but not be able to.

At this point, it could be a pure spammer (viagra salesman) - these will likely give up, or post their spam sans links, and get deleted. It could be a hit and tun spammer - someone who wants to post a link to their ebay auction or competing comics website or something. These will post ten random comments, easily detectable, and usually get warned by a mod that they are welcome to self promote if they participate in the community. Otherwise, they get banned.

Finally, there is the third category - like this guy - who is a legitimate poster, coming here as out site invites him to, to post his stuff in the artists corner. This person is doing nothing wrong - he must unfortunately also make the ten obligatory posts, and so it can appear similar to the hit and run spammer, but his links in the artists corner are welcome. Furthermore, we hope that by having to participate in ten threads before he can make his artists corner thread, he will become interested in posting in the asylum and newsstand as well.

If anything, an argument could be made for removing the post limit altogether, but I think making it more restrictive would be a bad idea.

Also, your mom.

In any case, welcome to the Outhouse new guy.... hope you survive the experience. :P

TL; DR
Image
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

Doc Jon
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 28777
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 1 post
Joined: Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:51 pm
Location: Jersey
Formerly: Doc Spider


Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:35 am

JasonWelcome wrote:Hey Guys

I'm new here, my name is Jason I'm making a six issue mini series I hope you guys will check it out!
You can see the promo video here:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/the ... on-bienven
Here's my blog also:
http://jasonbienvenu.blogspot.com/2011/ ... -book.html
I hope you guys dig it, let me know what you think!



Dude, your avatar does not illustrate how good your art is. Change that avatar to something else, because I really like the art style you've got going on those pages.

And we should find a way to post that video here. Me no good with tech.

And please post more of your art, the clean linework and the bright colors have a great look. SUperhero stuff is of course always popular around here.

As always, please ignore Bender and continue to post. Seeing as how you are writing about anthropomorphic animals, just picture him as some territorial babboon looking to mark his territory.
Image


HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The Creator's Corner



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Advertisement