Advertisement

Ironman Armour 3D Model 2008 Movie

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Nobama

Liked in: 61 posts

Re: Ironman Armour 3D Model 2008 Movie

Postby Nobama » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:19 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:
But yours is more awesome.

True story!

I've read up on those things and apparently they can duplicate just about anything in a plastic/resin type material if you first scan something with a 3d scanner.

Would pretty much win the costume contest with that one I'd think...

Advertisement

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:25 am

lionel_luthor wrote:Is it to like help you make a costume or something? If that's the case, wouldn't you need some kind of 3d printer ->

Dude, that is some crazy fucking voodoo magic shit right there.

Look up the video where they make a wrench and then use it!

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 455 posts

Postby HNutz » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:48 am

Benderbrau wrote:I wasn't "continuing". I was dialogging. I responded to his post in which he was apparently under the mistaken impression that we should be more welcoming of his overpriced illegal crap. I was being edumacational. 8)

I kinda agree with this. If he just wanted to show off his work, that's fine. No problem there. Wants us to check out his webcomic? Okay. Buy his independent book? Starting to push it, but if I like what I see and the money's reasonable, maybe. If he wants to sell us something that's directly owned by someone else, that's not so cool.

Doc Jon wrote:He is by no means part of my clique, but it is my hope that we get more artists and writers and such on the site.

If Brubaker made some posts on this site and then started pushing a book, this wouldn't happen.

Slott's a member of the board. But he doesn't come in, peddle his wares and leave. He actually takes part in a conversation. (Maybe just 1 conversation, but my point stands)

Creators (both high profile and just getting established) come in, but there's usually an interview, discussion, SOMETHING besides simply being a commercial for their product. They should bring something to the board, whether it's participation in discussions, criticisms or praise, acting as part of the community, etc. instead of trying to make money off of us buying their legal product.

I understand that the site has to make money... so, if some people simply want to advertise here without being a part of the community, perhaps they should be paying for it, like the rest of the banners on the right?

Just my 2 cents.

(BTW, I hate when folks do this on Facebook, too. Join my high school alumni page, because they ARE an alumni, and then post on the high school group page to sell insurance or something. :smt011 )
Last edited by HNutz on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:52 am

HNutz wrote:
Slott's a member of the board. But he doesn't come in, peddle his wares and leave. He actually takes part in a conversation. (Maybe just 1 conversation, but my point stands)

Creators (both high profile and just getting established) come in, but there's usually an interview, discussion, SOMETHING besides simply being a commercial for their product. They should bring something to the board, whether it's participation in discussions, criticisms or praise, acting as part of the community, etc. instead of trying to make money off of us buying their legal product.

I understand that the site has to make money... so, if some people simply want to advertise here without being a part of the community, perhaps they should be paying for it, like the rest of the banners on the right?

Just my 2 cents.

Good for Slott.

There are creators with a presence on multiple boards. There are some boards where I simply post my art in a thread and then leave, or I'm just in the artist thread and nowhere else on the site.

You can't expect everyone to be fully invested in the community and not right off the bat.

The artist community at this site is weak, at best. And I can see why.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 617 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:54 am

If we were nicer to new posters and engaged them, they might be inclined to post more. IMO.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 101 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:00 pm

I just can't imagine spending 200 dollars on something that is not even physical that i couldnt even use to benefit myself. At the very best, he could make some fan art, posing the figure, but its not like he even made that. I guess i just don't get the appeal of spending that much on something that you don't even physically own, that someone else made, that literally exists only for you to look at it.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:07 pm

Doc Jon wrote:
There are creators with a presence on multiple boards. There are some boards where I simply post my art in a thread and then leave, or I'm just in the artist thread and nowhere else on the site.

You can't expect everyone to be fully invested in the community and not right off the bat.

The artist community at this site is weak, at best. And I can see why.

How does encouraging a new poster to only post a link to his $299 3D model (which I still don't see how he can sell, as Marvel owns the Iron Man likeness) improve the artist community?

Like I said earlier, if he just showed his model... I'd be fine with it. If he wanted comments or constructive criticism, cool. If he (I keep assuming it's a "he") wants to be an active part of the community, that's awesome. If all he wants is to show off his work and leave, okay, even though I'd prefer that he hang around.

Do I think we should bend over backwards to help this new poster sell the $299 models? Not so much. If "Judes#1fan" posted a video to YouTube and wanted us to watch it, sure, why not? If "BestBuy007" wanted to post a link to the new movie they made and wanted us to pay to download it, that'd be weird.

For me, when people start asking for money, I begin to question their motives.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 12:15 pm

HNutz wrote:
How does encouraging a new poster to only post a link to his $299 3D model (which I still don't see how he can sell, as Marvel owns the Iron Man likeness) improve the artist community?

Like I said earlier, if he just showed his model... I'd be fine with it. If he wanted comments or constructive criticism, cool. If he (I keep assuming it's a "he") wants to be an active part of the community, that's awesome. If all he wants is to show off his work and leave, okay, even though I'd prefer that he hang around.

Do I think we should bend over backwards to help this new poster sell the $299 models? Not so much. If "Judes#1fan" posted a video to YouTube and wanted us to watch it, sure, why not? If "BestBuy007" wanted to post a link to the new movie they made and wanted us to pay to download it, that'd be weird.

For me, when people start asking for money, I begin to question their motives.

One of our main pitches to get artists to this site is: YOU CAN PROMOTE YOUR STUFF HERE.

I can understand you not liking it. There's a simple solution: ignore it.

Would I like this guy to show more of his artwork and become a member of the community? Yes. If all he's going to do is try to sell an IM render, then he won't post here for long anyway.

But the way that creators are treated around here is pretty crappy, and it's mirrored in the fact that we have a weak creator community.

eltopo
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The greatest poster ever
Formerly: Mister Fister, Johhny Assplay,TerriG

Postby eltopo » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:20 pm

dairydead wrote:why is this thing 200 dollars? what do you use these models for anyways?

love dolls

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Postby HNutz » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:38 pm

Doc Jon wrote:One of our main pitches to get artists to this site is: YOU CAN PROMOTE YOUR STUFF HERE.

I can understand you not liking it. There's a simple solution: ignore it.

Would I like this guy to show more of his artwork and become a member of the community? Yes. If all he's going to do is try to sell an IM render, then he won't post here for long anyway.

But the way that creators are treated around here is pretty crappy, and it's mirrored in the fact that we have a weak creator community.

After making the prerequisite number of comments (mostly short, two word responses), the OP was the seller's last post for over a month, in which he got one reply, mostly in regards to the cost. Once the thread got bumped, the majority of the posts were about the price and the typo in the bumping post, followed questions/praise for his work and concerns about advertising on the board.

Don't have anything against him promoting and showing off his art. Just the opposite. I welcome it. I'm thinking that, if money was never mentioned (or if someone else had asked about the price/how to get that), this conversation would be a good deal more pleasant.

If we want to strengthen our creator community, I'm all for it. But, IMO, it'll take more than simply allowing them to try and sell their stuff here after minimal participation in discussions.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 577 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:41 pm

How about a creator community that doesn't try to sell stuff through here that they cannot legally sell or may have really just stolen the mesh from another site and now is trying to profit from it while passing it off as their own?

Sell their skill sets? Sure, but something like a property that is copyright and trademarked...

Seen this elsewhere, does not go well..
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

JasonWelcome
A Quagmire

Liked in: 0 post

Postby JasonWelcome » Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:33 pm

Have you seen Adi Granov’s Ironman 2 concept art? Crazy Awesomeness.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 577 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:17 pm

JasonWelcome wrote:Have you seen Adi Granov’s Ironman 2 concept art? Crazy Awesomeness.

Yes and the Marvel Comics he worked on.
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 101 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:16 pm

Jon, would you be so accepting of someone like Rob Granito or Greg Land posting on this board? At least Land doesn't outright use other people's intellectual property for profit. This is literally the 3D equivalent of tracing.

Another thing to consider is the mentality of someone trying to hawk overpriced goods to a crowd. To an extent, the intention could be interpreted as us being easy marks and could be seen as a bit insulting.
The Firelord to Hawk's Galactus

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:39 pm

dairydead wrote:Jon, would you be so accepting of someone like Rob Granito or Greg Land posting on this board? At least Land doesn't outright use other people's intellectual property for profit. This is literally the 3D equivalent of tracing.

Another thing to consider is the mentality of someone trying to hawk overpriced goods to a crowd. To an extent, the intention could be interpreted as us being easy marks and could be seen as a bit insulting.

I would welcome Land or any other creator posting on this board. Even Liefeld.:P

And this isn't about this one poster. I don't particularly like someone coming here JUST to sell their stuff. But sometimes that's how it starts with creators. They post their projects at multiple sites trying to get some traction.

My issue is that this is how I've seen this place treat creators that come here to promote anything. When that's exactly what our sales pitch should be to get more artists and writers posting here. It should be, "come to the Outhouse because we have a built in base of comic fans that may be receptive to your projects."

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Creator's Corner