Advertisement

Ironman Armour 3D Model 2008 Movie

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Proud Underachiever

Re: Ironman Armour 3D Model 2008 Movie

Postby Benderbrau » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:03 pm

Doc Jon wrote:
I would welcome Land or any other creator posting on this board. Even Liefeld.:P

And this isn't about this one poster. I don't particularly like someone coming here JUST to sell their stuff. But sometimes that's how it starts with creators. They post their projects at multiple sites trying to get some traction.

My issue is that this is how I've seen this place treat creators that come here to promote anything. When that's exactly what our sales pitch should be to get more artists and writers posting here. It should be, "come to the Outhouse because we have a built in base of comic fans that may be receptive to your projects."

Then maybe part of that sales pitch should be to tell these artists that if they're going to post here with the intention of promoting their stuff then they would do well to use their first 10 posts to make that clear from the get go instead of just posting random ass shit like "That's neat" or "Me too" in random threads until they finally get that 10th post and are like "Here's my shit. Buy it" It's not fooling anyone and as has been mentioned by more then one poster already: it's insulting. And if these artists are going to insult us then we're going to insult them back.
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

Advertisement

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:08 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Then maybe part of that sales pitch should be to tell these artists that if they're going to post here with the intention of promoting their stuff then they would do well to use their first 10 posts to make that clear from the get go instead of just posting random ass shit like "That's neat" or "Me too" in random threads until they finally get that 10th post and are like "Here's my shit. Buy it" It's not fooling anyone and as has been mentioned by more then one poster already: it's insulting. And if these artists are going to insult us then we're going to insult them back.

Ah, the moral center for the Outhouse. What would we do without your righteous fire?

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:12 pm

Doc Jon wrote:Ah, the moral center for the Outhouse. What would we do without your righteous fire?

I'm trying to give you solutions and you'd rather be a smartass. Obviously you don't really care about incorporating artists into the community. You just want them to have carte blanche to hawk their shit and leave because that's what you do at other sites and if you do it then it must be okay and so we should be okay with it too. Could you be anymore bias? :roll:
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:17 pm

Benderbrau wrote:I'm trying to give you solutions and you'd rather be a smartass. Obviously you don't really care about incorporating artists into the community. You just want them to have carte blanche to hawk their shit and leave because that's what you do at other sites and if you do it then it must be okay and so we should be okay with it too. Could you be anymore bias? :roll:

Preach on, troll! Preach on!

Or perhaps you're simply not the judge of how people should post here? You've taken some weird offense at a couple artists because it's now how you would have done it. Boo-hoo.

If only you posted this much to support the artists that ususally post here rather than troll new ones, maybe we would have more of a community as well.

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:19 pm

Doc Jon wrote:Preach on, troll! Preach on!

Or perhaps you're simply not the judge of how people should post here? You've taken some weird offense at a couple artists because it's now how you would have done it. Boo-hoo.

If only you posted this much to support the artists that ususally post here rather than troll new ones, maybe we would have more of a community as well.

I'm a troll? How am I a troll when I'm like the third person telling you the same damn thing? You're so fucking dense in regards to this issue.

Oh and for the record: you've picked this same fight with me in two different threads so technically that makes you the troll. :lol:

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:24 pm

Benderbrau wrote:I'm a troll? How am I a troll when I'm like the third person telling you the same damn thing? You're so fucking dense in regards to this issue.

Again, are you in the market for a 3D render of Iron Man? Then why take it so personally?

Why go out of your way to "prove" you're right about a couple artists coming here to promote their stuff? What makes you the arbiter of HOW to post at this site? And what have you ever done to get any creator to post here ever, beside being a troll and driving them away?

blah
rubber spoon

Postby blah » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:26 pm

Can't we all just get along?

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:27 pm

Doc Jon wrote:Again, are you in the market for a 3D render of Iron Man? Then why take it so personally?

Since you freely admit to having no knowledge of or interest in 3D rendering you should probably ask yourself the same question.
Doc Jon wrote:Why go out of your way to "prove" you're right about a couple artists coming here to promote their stuff? What makes you the arbiter of HOW to post at this site?

Again, ask yourself the same question.
Doc Jon wrote:And what have you ever done to get any creator to post here ever, beside being a troll and driving them away?

Again you're the troll. It's been established.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:43 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Since you freely admit to having no knowledge of or interest in 3D rendering you should probably ask yourself the same question.

Again, ask yourself the same question.

Again you're the troll. It's been established.

I have no interest in purchasing a 3D render, I do like seeing them however.

With regards to the Artist Corner, I am an arbiter of how people post. :P

And while I may be a troll in your estimation, I have done more work to try and improve this site and bring people here than you. Although that's not hard since all you seem to do is drive people away.

So you can feel free NOT to post in the Artist Corner. You will not be missed.

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:04 pm

Doc Jon wrote:I have no interest in purchasing a 3D render, I do like seeing them however.

That still doesn't answer your own question.
Doc Jon wrote:With regards to the Artist Corner, I am an arbiter of how people post. :P

I think not.
Doc Jon wrote:And while I may be a troll in your estimation, I have done more work to try and improve this site and bring people here than you. Although that's not hard since all you seem to do is drive people away

So it's okay for you to troll people because you draw some pictures and bring spammers here to hawk their stuff? :lol: .
Doc Jon wrote:So you can feel free NOT to post in the Artist Corner. You will not be missed.

I could feel that way but I don't.

dairydead
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 171 posts

Postby dairydead » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:10 pm

I can see both sides of the issue, but what I don't think youre getting Jon is that these sorts of posters are insulting and rude by existing only to break or find ways around the rules so that they can take advantage of the opportunity to finally try to sell us stuff.

They don't give a shit about you, in fact they see you as some sucker who might be dumb enough to buy a 200 dollar illegal model. Why do you defend these people who could care less about you.

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:11 pm

dairydead wrote:I can see both sides of the issue, but what I don't think youre getting Jon is that these sorts of posters are insulting and rude by existing only to break or find ways around the rules so that they can take advantage of the opportunity to finally try to sell us stuff.

They don't give a shit about you, in fact they see you as some sucker who might be dumb enough to buy a 200 dollar illegal model. Why do you defend these people who could care less about you.

Troll!!

/Salwen'd

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:25 pm

dairydead wrote:I can see both sides of the issue, but what I don't think youre getting Jon is that these sorts of posters are insulting and rude by existing only to break or find ways around the rules so that they can take advantage of the opportunity to finally try to sell us stuff.

And what you're not getting is that while this may be true of this one guy, this is how I see artists and writers get treated who come here to promote their stuff.

Look at Jason, who posted his proposed comic here. He's a talented artist looking to show off a comic he's working on. Yet he's greeted in the same trollish fashion. It's also happened before.

We post Marvel and DC solicits and it's not like their creators post here. We are simply hawking their wares. Should we stop that as well?

Again, will some of these guys move beyond just posting and promoting their project here and become a part of this community? Possibly. But the general behavior towards creators here is apparent and is very unfriendly. It is also not the first time this has been brought up nor am I the only one who feels this way.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 938 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:59 pm

How about if Marvel was contacted about this?
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

BubbaKanoosh wrote:Old Doctor is the NuDCU's Catscratch

syxxpakk
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 111 posts
Title: The Wrasslin' Fan

Postby syxxpakk » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:39 pm

Both Jon and Bender are right about this.

Bender's right about this guy here.

Jon's right about how artist are treated in general.

The problem isn't Bender or Jon, it's guys like the OP who create this image of "artists come here just to hawk their shit and leave" which makes it worse for the artists who come here to hawk their shit and be constructive members of the forum, because there's basically no way to tell which one from which.

Bender's right, it's supremely fucking annoying that the OP made 10 posts of "I agree!" and "Looking good!" just so he could get to this point. He's barely posted since, too, so we really see what his goal most likely was. And in this instance, Bender is right to be outraged.

But Jon is right - Bender will probably outraged at someone who WOULD stick around, but now won't because of that and it's all because this idiot in the OP wants to do the bare minimum to try and sell his 3D model. For the record, for a forum that jokingly talks about the idea of torrenting just about everything, I don't see an issue whatsoever with this guy illegally selling that model. That seems irrelevant. But his actions leading up to selling and what came after? Yeah, seems shitty to me.

Long story short, both are right and I'm glad I don't really have to determine how to solve this problem :lol:

When you're as good as Chael, you can only call out people worse than you.

@syxxpakk on the Twitter.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Creator's Corner