Friday, July 1, 2016 • Evening Edition • "Voted best hair in high school."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Wolverine and the X-Men #2 (Spoils Galore)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:18 am

That was another fun issue. For those that didn't read it:

- Before the school opens, Logan asks Iceman to step his game up. Fast-forward to the present and Iceman does just that. Multiple Icemen are unleashed against the Hellfire Club's minions (think AOA Iceman's powers in Uncanny X-Force, but not as powerful). Still, he managed to get a kiss from Kitty and some attention from Kid Gladiator's bodyguard.

- The two visitors to the institute become a Sauron and a Wendigo.

- Who's responsible for the earthquakes? A Krakoa!

- Oh, and Quentin Quire is casually watching everything in seclusion.

What did you think about this issue, Outhouse?

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:39 am

I thought it was awesome, really entertaining comic all round.

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:04 pm

Anyone think Aaron is purposely following up/using themes that were last used by Morrison and Whedon?

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:37 pm

doombug wrote:Anyone think Aaron is purposely following up/using themes that were last used by Morrison and Whedon?

Morrison was mentioned in the class schedule, so I'd take that as a yes.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:48 pm

doombug wrote:Anyone think Aaron is purposely following up/using themes that were last used by Morrison and Whedon?

Of course he is, they were the last writers to write X-Men at a school.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:56 pm

Iceman is one of my favorite X-Men, so despite disliking the art, I loved the story.

sdsichero

2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Postby sdsichero » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:19 pm

Dragavon wrote:Iceman is one of my favorite X-Men, so despite disliking the art, I loved the story.

pat

cheese

Postby pat » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:25 pm

i knew i'd like this book. but i was wrong. i love it.

GLX

Outhouse Editor

Postby GLX » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:25 pm

Dragavon wrote:Iceman is one of my favorite X-Men, so despite disliking the art, I loved the story.

Are you at least a fan of Nick Bradshaw, since he's going to handle the art for the next three issues?

Greg

Rain Partier

Postby Greg » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:31 pm

GLX wrote:
Are you at least a fan of Nick Bradshaw, since he's going to handle the art for the next three issues?

He's no Bachalo. :-(

Chris

Rain Partier

Postby Chris » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:15 pm

Fucking hell, this book is awesome.

Never leave this book, Jason Aaron.

Broo is awesome. Kid Gladiator is awesome. Iceman is awesome (did I just type that?)

Nick Bradshaw doing the next three issues is anything BUT awesome... fuuuck. How does that hack have a job in mainstream comics?

dairydead

Humuhumunukunukuapuaa

Postby dairydead » Thu Nov 24, 2011 4:33 pm

i want this book now! :smt013

Eric Ratcliffe

Staff Writer

Postby Eric Ratcliffe » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:34 pm

I mean the reason I love the book so much is it embraces everything the X-verse should be and doesn't shy away from the outlandish.

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:10 pm

GLX wrote:

I like Bradshaw's art, so I'm looking forward to the next couple of issues. BKThompson confused him with Art Adams.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:03 pm

This was another great issue. I'm really liking Broo a lot. I normally don't like Bachalo's work but his Iceman here was all kinds of awesome.

leave a comment with facebook