Advertisement

The New Review Group Week #2! - THE INFINITE #4

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Re: The New Review Group Week #2! - THE INFINITE #4

Postby Starlord » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:41 pm

John Snow wrote:Anyone up for a $1 comic next week?

No?

Fuck you guys, I'm picking it anyway.

Next week:

FLASH GORDON - ZEITGEIST #1

Writer: Eric Trautmann
Artist: Daniel Lindro

The year is 1934, a time of two-fisted swashbuckling, of fearsome threats and wild adventure-and of ever-growing threats on the horizon.
Three valiant humans -- Flash Gordon, Dale Arden and Dr. Hans Zarkov -- are plucked from the Earth, traveling to the distant planet Mongo. Their exploits are legendary, battling the machinations and terror schemes of the dreaded emperor Ming, the All-Seeing Ruler of Mongo. But they did not fight alone...
Written by Eric Trautmann (Vampirella, Red Sonja), from a story and designs by Alex Ross (Kingdom Come, Marvels, Project: Superpowers) and illustrated by Daniel Lindro.

http://www.dynamite.net/htmlfiles/viewP ... 5130181787

Awesome pick!!!

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

Advertisement

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 880 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:53 pm

John Snow wrote:Punchy, if you're going to do the whole tyrant thing until my impending return in January 2012, please learn how to use Google so that you can put not tiny images in the OP. kthx

can put not tiny images?

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 880 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:54 pm

Starlord wrote:What a horrible way to start the Thanksgiving Holiday. :smt078

It looks like you got a heaping serving of turkey

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:40 pm

I've never been so happy not to see and issue of something for the Review group at my LCS. :smt026

Thank you Troy for the sig

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:43 pm

sdsichero wrote:
can put not tiny images?

Stop making fun of John Snow sdsichero

You big meany. :smt011

Yes, he's a grammatically challenged jerk, but he's our grammatically challenged jerk.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:44 pm

John Snow wrote:Anyone up for a $1 comic next week?

No?

Fuck you guys, I'm picking it anyway.

Next week:

FLASH GORDON - ZEITGEIST #1

Writer: Eric Trautmann
Artist: Daniel Lindro

The year is 1934, a time of two-fisted swashbuckling, of fearsome threats and wild adventure-and of ever-growing threats on the horizon.
Three valiant humans -- Flash Gordon, Dale Arden and Dr. Hans Zarkov -- are plucked from the Earth, traveling to the distant planet Mongo. Their exploits are legendary, battling the machinations and terror schemes of the dreaded emperor Ming, the All-Seeing Ruler of Mongo. But they did not fight alone...
Written by Eric Trautmann (Vampirella, Red Sonja), from a story and designs by Alex Ross (Kingdom Come, Marvels, Project: Superpowers) and illustrated by Daniel Lindro.

http://www.dynamite.net/htmlfiles/viewP ... 5130181787

Interesting pick. :)

I hope my LCS has it is, but I have my doubts. :(

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 638 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:56 pm

Infinite #4
By Robert Kirkman & Rob Liefeld.

In preparation for this review, I’ve been informed that I must pay respect to the book I’m about to review and to do so in paragraphs that are composed of numerous words. And so with any further ado, I personally, on this eve to the great American tradition called Thanksgiving, do hereby venerate the good people at Image for allowing this fine publication to see print.

I admire the very pages of this book taking into account the lengthy process of killing a majestic tree, and pulping it’s very existing into the sheets with which ink and dyes would be laid.

And what shapes and forms did the printed page take and to whom did the words and art spring forth from? The imaginations and talents of two esteemed gentlefolks, that's who. What writer/creator Robert Kirkman and artist/creator Rob Liefeld did was to take their very ideas and working in tandem ply the trade that has given both numerous successes through these many years.

It with the utmost reverence and high regard that I begin.

Some lady gets caught in an explosion and it blows the blue right off her jacket. Some guy from the future rescues her and she joins a team that she already joined sometime in the years to come (but only because he can hide his scar). Other future guys try to do somethings and future guy and his teammates try to do it first and then Mohawk Man joins and then the book ended with future guy showing off his codpiece.

If you haven't been reading this book, then you should. Not just because it's this week's assignment but because there's a good drinking game involved. For every time Liefled draws a foot - drink. For every time someone's hair switches it's part from left to right to center to left - chug. For every time a shoulder strap mysteriously shows up underneath some guys jacket (and it disappears in the next panel) - keg stand.

This book is a great book to get wasted by.

Words - 10
Art - 9
Overall – 9.5

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Postby Punchy » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:09 am

:roll:

So much effort just to be a douche.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1149 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:44 am

:lil:

Apparently, the Kindle Fire refuses to allow me to type a laughing emoticon. Punchy was right!

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 638 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Postby Amoebas » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:17 am

Punchy wrote::roll:

So much effort just to be a douche.

"There is no right or wrong" you double-douche. :-D

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 106 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:11 am

Amoebas wrote:Infinite #4
By Robert Kirkman & Rob Liefeld.

In preparation for this review, I’ve been informed that I must pay respect to the book I’m about to review and to do so in paragraphs that are composed of numerous words. And so with any further ado, I personally, on this eve to the great American tradition called Thanksgiving, do hereby venerate the good people at Image for allowing this fine publication to see print.

I admire the very pages of this book taking into account the lengthy process of killing a majestic tree, and pulping it’s very existing into the sheets with which ink and dyes would be laid.

And what shapes and forms did the printed page take and to whom did the words and art spring forth from? The imaginations and talents of two esteemed gentlefolks, that's who. What writer/creator Robert Kirkman and artist/creator Rob Liefeld did was to take their very ideas and working in tandem ply the trade that has given both numerous successes through these many years.

It with the utmost reverence and high regard that I begin.

Some lady gets caught in an explosion and it blows the blue right off her jacket. Some guy from the future rescues her and she joins a team that she already joined sometime in the years to come (but only because he can hide his scar). Other future guys try to do somethings and future guy and his teammates try to do it first and then Mohawk Man joins and then the book ended with future guy showing off his codpiece.

If you haven't been reading this book, then you should. Not just because it's this week's assignment but because there's a good drinking game involved. For every time Liefled draws a foot - drink. For every time someone's hair switches it's part from left to right to center to left - chug. For every time a shoulder strap mysteriously shows up underneath some guys jacket (and it disappears in the next panel) - keg stand.

This book is a great book to get wasted by.

Words - 10
Art - 9
Overall – 9.5

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

Starlord
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 1 post

Postby Starlord » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:05 am

GLX wrote:

I second this. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Max Blyss wrote:Months and months and months and the whole thing is still just an intersection at Dipshit Lane & Chip on my Shoulder Ave.

TimPro
Rorshach Test Subject

Liked in: 0 post

Postby TimPro » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:27 pm

10/10!

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 1149 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:11 am

This is shaping up to be the best reviewed book in New Review Group history!
I LOVE BLUD BLOOD! - Rob Liefeld

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 66 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:27 am

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:This is shaping up to be the best reviewed book in New Review Group history!

I think if we all reviewed Amoebas' review it would score even better!

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The News Stand