Advertisement

Invincible Iron Man #510 (Blizzard is back! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 109 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Invincible Iron Man #510 (Blizzard is back! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:10 pm

This was a really fantastic issue, and of you had any worries about this book slowing down once Fear Itself was done, this should alleviate them completely. Fraction brings back the main threats he’s been playing with since #1 of his run, in Ezekiel Stane, the Hammer girls, and of course The Mandarin. It feels like a lot of long-running plotlines are finally coming to a head, and it’s going to be very exciting to see how things turn out. I also liked how the events of the crossover really have had a big impact on the book, Tony drinking is a main thrust of the Mandarin’s attack, and it looks like Splitlip is going to be a supporting character from now on (although his swearing is kind of getting old now). It was also great to get some more AA scenes, ever since Fraction publicly revealed that he himself is a recovering alcoholic, it’s given these scenes something special, something autobiographical, and that’s rare in mainstream comics. My only real problem is the subpoena scene, which was lifted almost entirely from the Iron Man 2 movie, although it was probably intentional.

Advertisement

COBRA Command
cheese

Liked in: 34 posts
Title: It's all about me.
Formerly: a used-car salesman

Re: Invincible Iron Man #510 (Blizzard is back! Spoilers)

Postby COBRA Command » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:50 pm

About time this book got back on track.

Fear Itself pretty much killed this and 2.0 for me. I'll probably start reading it again now that its returning to the Mandarin storyline.

DeadFett
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Medicated and X-Rated
Formerly: FormerMember

Re: Invincible Iron Man #510 (Blizzard is back! Spoilers)

Postby DeadFett » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:39 am

I'm really glad the Fear Itself crossover is finished. I'm happy to see Spitlip stick around. He was one of the few things I liked from the Fear Itself issues. This issue reminded why I've enjoyed this book so much. Looking forward to Tony throwing down with the Mandarin.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand