Advertisement

Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

blah
rubber spoon

Liked in: 1 post

Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby blah » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:01 pm

And if a guy posts and always interacts with people so that he can sell his stuff later, then he's in his in own hell, anyway, so we shouldn't be so mad at him. :p

Advertisement

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Beast!

Postby J.M. Hunter » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:03 pm

I do my lil' part to promote independent creators here from the forum, affiliated with the Outhouse or one or more of the outhouse posters, as well as people from other areas as well.

But..

I would like to see something in place that takes it to the next level and really promotes and feature the hell out of indy creators! I'm talking front page stuff even..something on a regular basis that everyone knows you'd want to come to the outhouse to participate cause it's a good way to join up with like minded people in a community but also your stuff will get some feature and rotation on the front face.

2nd But!

That'd be a big ordeal and would require an actual team and resources. Not just one person. It'd have to be a sub-community and crew that are willing and able to put in equal time for something that mammoth.

blah
rubber spoon

Postby blah » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:06 pm

I think it might be a good idea.

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:08 pm

fahd wrote:I think it might be a good idea.

Yea in theory I think so too. But realistically it'd take like a gang of six hard core up for the challenge people that can gel and cover each other's backs as a crew and that are really into promoting and maintaing that indy presence.

I'm talking: press, promos,punctuation(not me), and prowess with the website here all working on a schedule for no money! Not even a thank you!

Ok, ok...

maybe we could work in a thank you.

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Proud Underachiever

Postby Benderbrau » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:09 pm

fahd wrote:You know, joking like that. It's likely that the guy got offended and hasn't posted since because of that. It's just not welcoming Bender. I mean, don't be like, "I knew it, you were just there to sell your stuff!" it's just not a good idea at all.
Be nicer to new posters bro. :p Besides, if they turn out to be awful posters, you can just let loose and even then you'd be more in the right, you know?

Why should he get offended because I pointed out what he was doing? If he's offended by his own action then perhaps he shouldn't be doing it.
"Dude, I bow down to you, you are the worlds greatest ballbuster." -Jude Terror
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon
"Everything I know I learned from reading your posts." - Nietoperz

blah
rubber spoon

Postby blah » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:17 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Why should he get offended because I pointed out what he was doing? If he's offended by his own action then perhaps he shouldn't be doing it.

No, he'd be offended by how you're treating him, not by why you're treating the way you are.
Just because you're treating him like that because of what he is doing doesn't mean that if he gets offended he will be offended by what he is doing, jumping the idea that he'll be offended by what you're doing.
Just give these dudes a chance. I don't understand why they should be offended to promote or tell people about their comic. I'd understand if they spam the place, but if they post a link or two in a post? It's not so bad Bender.

blah
rubber spoon

Postby blah » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:18 pm

J.M. Hunter wrote:

Yea in theory I think so too. But realistically it'd take like a gang of six hard core up for the challenge people that can gel and cover each other's backs as a crew and that are really into promoting and maintaing that indy presence.

I'm talking: press, promos,punctuation(not me), and prowess with the website here all working on a schedule for no money! Not even a thank you!

Ok, ok...

maybe we could work in a thank you.

I dunno, I guess an interview and a frontpage story would do if the book is really cool.

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:20 pm

fahd wrote:
No, he'd be offended by how you're treating him, not by why you're treating the way you are.
Just because you're treating him like that because of what he is doing doesn't mean that if he gets offended he will be offended by what he is doing, jumping the idea that he'll be offended by what you're doing.
Just give these dudes a chance. I don't understand why they should be offended to promote or tell people about their comic. I'd understand if they spam the place, but if they post a link or two in a post? It's not so bad Bender.

Wut? :lol:
"Sorry, nate! I think you automatically lose all arguments from now on, simply due to the fact that the only person willing to back you up is batshit insane!" - Dragavon

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:24 pm

Here's an idea guys: you want the Artist forum to be all serious and stuff? Then ask Jude to disconnect it from the Asylum. Because as it's set up right now it's like attaching a glee club building onto a seedy biker bar. Sure you'll get more attention that way but is it the kind of attention you want?

blah
rubber spoon

Postby blah » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:25 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Wut? :lol:

I mean that you ignored the idea that he might be offended at what you're doing, not at what he's doing. Like, you jumped that idea.

Benderbrau
Twenty-Something

Postby Benderbrau » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:29 pm

fahd wrote:
I mean that you ignored the idea that he might be offended at what you're doing, not at what he's doing. Like, you jumped that idea.

And you ignored the idea that it's not my fault if he gets offended because I pointed out a simple truth.

blah
rubber spoon

Postby blah » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:40 pm

Benderbrau wrote:And you ignored the idea that it's not my fault if he gets offended because I pointed out a simple truth.

Hey, I like truth, it's cool. But if I see some new guy doing something practically harmless and just lutz him for it while calling it how it is, wouldn't I be kind of rude?
The guy doesn't know you Bender, he doesn't know that you don't mean much by your lutzing him or that this is a lutz-filled community--like, wait 30 posts or something. :p

Introduce yourself first maybe. Hi, I'm Bender, and I am here to lutz you.
Last edited by blah on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Old Doctor
A Damn Cuddly Beast

Liked in: 825 posts
Formerly: /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕ 人\

Postby The Old Doctor » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:41 pm

Benderbrau... bitch slapping the art noobs on the forum.

:smt102

I got nothing beyond that. :oops:
"Why are you pointing your screwdrivers like that? They're scientific instruments, not water pistols."
"Oh, the pointing again! They're screwdrivers! What are you going to do? Assemble a cabinet at them?"
"Are you capable of speaking without flapping your hands about?"
""Timey" what? "Timey wimey"?"

IvCNuB4 wrote:The Old Doctor is Cat-Scratch ?
Well that explains a lot :lol:

blah
rubber spoon

Postby blah » Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Benderbrau wrote:Here's an idea guys: you want the Artist forum to be all serious and stuff? Then ask Jude to disconnect it from the Asylum. Because as it's set up right now it's like attaching a glee club building onto a seedy biker bar. Sure you'll get more attention that way but is it the kind of attention you want?

you're right, attaching a glee club building onto a seedy biker bar would probably be a bad idea. but the biker bar probably doesn't encourage glee club members to have a drink there, while the outhouse encourages comics and comics-talk.
i think the guy should be blamed more for not talking about his comics than for linking them

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:12 pm

I think he's moved on fellas. He's moved on.

leave a comment with facebook

PreviousNext

Return to The Creator's Corner