Advertisement

The Unwritten #31.5 (Nobody fries tonight Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

The Unwritten #31.5 (Nobody fries tonight Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:40 pm

Let the double-shipping commence! Coming after the massive upheavals of #31, this issue of back-story was kind of disappointing, but once I got into it, I enjoyed my history lesson just as much as I did Tom’s magic adventures. My only real complain about this issue was that Wilson Taylor’s handwriting was difficult to read at points, but it didn’t effect the story too much. I liked all 3 stories a lot, and appreciated how much Carey knows about history and the history of stories, and how he manages to teach the reader something, but not make it boring. I think my favourite story was the one about the Newspaper cartoonist who inadvertently caused America’s involvement the Spanish Civil War, it was gripping and scary, and it was just two men in a room! And it’s all (based on) true! The art throughout the issue was great, especially Bryan Talbot, who is just amazing.

Advertisement

habitual
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 121 posts
Title: Habinger of Doom!

Re: The Unwritten #31.5 (Nobody fries tonight Spoilers)

Postby habitual » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:31 pm

Punchy wrote:Let the double-shipping commence! Coming after the massive upheavals of #31, this issue of back-story was kind of disappointing, but once I got into it, I enjoyed my history lesson just as much as I did Tom’s magic adventures.

My only real complain about this issue was that Wilson Taylor’s handwriting was difficult to read at points, but it didn’t effect the story too much. I liked all 3 stories a lot, and appreciated how much Carey knows about history and the history of stories, and how he manages to teach the reader something, but not make it boring.

I think my favourite story was the one about the Newspaper cartoonist who inadvertently caused America’s involvement the Spanish Civil War, it was gripping and scary, and it was just two men in a room! And it’s all (based on) true!

The art throughout the issue was great, especially Bryan Talbot, who is just amazing.

So much easier to read.

Hab

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 59 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Re: The Unwritten #31.5 (Nobody fries tonight Spoilers)

Postby oogy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:16 pm

Punchy wrote:Let the double-shipping commence! Coming after the massive upheavals of #31, this issue of back-story was kind of disappointing, but once I got into it, I enjoyed my history lesson just as much as I did Tom’s magic adventures. My only real complain about this issue was that Wilson Taylor’s handwriting was difficult to read at points, but it didn’t effect the story too much. I liked all 3 stories a lot, and appreciated how much Carey knows about history and the history of stories, and how he manages to teach the reader something, but not make it boring. I think my favourite story was the one about the Newspaper cartoonist who inadvertently caused America’s involvement the Spanish Civil War, it was gripping and scary, and it was just two men in a room! And it’s all (based on) true! The art throughout the issue was great, especially Bryan Talbot, who is just amazing.

I think I liked the first story the most, but they were all three great! It was a nice break from the Tom Taylor adventures and I'm really looking forward to the double shipping of this book for the next few months, despite my constant bitching about another company's double shipping practices.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand