Advertisement

The Shade #2 (Sex Machine With All The Chicks Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

The Shade #2 (Sex Machine With All The Chicks Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:36 am

While it’s lame that The Shade that was ‘killed’ was just a shadow-puppet, I did like how Robinson managed to make it into some kind of existential joke, although I’m not quite sure what the correct meaning of existential is either. This book really does feel like going home again, it was brilliant to see Bobo Benetti, such a weird idea for a supporting character. I also really like Detective Von Hammer, his inner monologue is pretty hilarious in how it subtly pokes fun at Noir Detective tropes. The artwork from Cully Hamner is very good, I love how he depicts The Shade’s nihilistic grin. I wonder if Robinson will have Jack Knight show up, it has to happen doesn’t it?

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: The Shade #2 (Sex Machine With All The Chicks Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:44 pm

Punchy wrote:While it’s lame that The Shade that was ‘killed’ was just a shadow-puppet, I did like how Robinson managed to make it into some kind of existential joke, although I’m not quite sure what the correct meaning of existential is either. This book really does feel like going home again, it was brilliant to see Bobo Benetti, such a weird idea for a supporting character. I also really like Detective Von Hammer, his inner monologue is pretty hilarious in how it subtly pokes fun at Noir Detective tropes. The artwork from Cully Hamner is very good, I love how he depicts The Shade’s nihilistic grin. I wonder if Robinson will have Jack Knight show up, it has to happen doesn’t it?

I too really liked Hamner's artwork this issue. I agree with you about Shade's smile and will add that I really liked the way he depicted Bette-Noire as well.

About Jack Knight, part of me wants to see him again, out of curiosity about where he is in the current DCU. However, there's a second part of me that then thinks that since he's going to be a different character without the Starman legacy I may not like what I see.

Thank you Troy for the sig

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand