Advertisement

Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 1 post
Formerly: Doc Spider

Re: Im Creating a Comic Check it out!

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:58 pm

So in this analogy, Bender is the seedy biker bar?

:derp:

HJJOUNB SAWLWEN HATES MEO!!!! -Royal

Advertisement

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:01 pm

I will have to possibly rewrite the terms of service as it applies to the Artist Corner, which would basically mean that people wouldn't be allowed to troll there.

It's not like a million art threads show up in the Asylum anyway that it makes it difficult for someone to navigate around them. The Artist Corner will continue to show up in the Asylum. We will continue to try and get creators here, and we will continue to ask them to pimp their stuff.

And if Bender simply wants to continue to bust balls and then whine like a little girl, then so be it. I think it's been plainly clear how reasonable a request it is not to troll a new artist here.

JasonWelcome
A Quagmire

Liked in: 0 post

Postby JasonWelcome » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Ho oh oh lee cow this thread sure got out of control, ha!

I wanted to thank everyone for checking out my stuff. I am super excited about the project and have been working on it for a while now, I really just wanted to share it with you guys. It was not my intention to step on anyone's toes here. Anyways I will be checking in here and there as my production time allows.

Thanks again
Jason

HNutz
PЦИKЧ ВЯЁ&#106

Liked in: 720 posts

Postby HNutz » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:41 pm

HNutz wrote:After making the prerequisite number of comments (mostly short, two word responses), the OP was the seller's last post for awhile. Once the thread got bumped, the majority of the posts were about the price and the typo in the bumping post, followed questions/praise for his work and concerns about advertising on the board.

If we want to strengthen our creator community, I'm all for it. But, IMO, it'll take more than simply allowing them to try and sell their stuff here after minimal participation in discussions.

Almost word for word from the last thread on this subject. So this is a continual concern. :(

Benderbrau wrote:Then maybe part of that sales pitch should be to tell these artists that if they're going to post here with the intention of promoting their stuff then they would do well to use their first 10 posts to make that clear from the get go instead of just posting random ass shit like "That's neat" or "Me too" in random threads until they finally get that 10th post and are like "Here's my shit. Buy it" It's not fooling anyone and as has been mentioned by more then one poster already: it's insulting. And if these artists are going to insult us then we're going to insult them back.

This makes sense to me.

Benderbrau wrote:Here's an idea guys: you want the Artist forum to be all serious and stuff? Then ask Jude to disconnect it from the Asylum. Because as it's set up right now it's like attaching a glee club building onto a seedy biker bar. Sure you'll get more attention that way but is it the kind of attention you want?

I could see that happening, too. I would say, if it has to stay in the Asylum, maybe set up LOLTron (or something similar... PreviewTron? INDYTron? I dunno...), give them a questionnaire to fill out with some sample, preview art, questions about their inspirations, etc. and that's the thread about their upcoming issue. Next issue comes out, there can be another thread.

TOS wrote:3) No spamming the board. We don’t mind if you occasionally share other websites with the board. We do ask, however, that it not be your only purpose at the site. If you wish to advertise with the site, please contact Jude Terror, who’d be more than willing to pimp your wares in exchange for a exorbitant Chocodile fee.

3.b) If you are a publisher, publicist, creator, or someone else with a project to promote, we are happy at any time to receive press releases, review copy info, interview offers, or other publicity information at our press email at theouthousers@yahoo.com or seek out Jude Terror or BlueStreak on the forums.

I think it's just a difference of opinion. Reading the TOS, particularly the highlighted section above. That's what he's calling folks out on, but that doesn't seem to be a problem...and if the creators in question are following 3.b, I don't know if we'd be having this conversation.

Doc Jon wrote:I will have to possibly rewrite the terms of service as it applies to the Artist Corner, which would basically mean that people wouldn't be allowed to troll there.

It's not like a million art threads show up in the Asylum anyway that it makes it difficult for someone to navigate around them. The Artist Corner will continue to show up in the Asylum. We will continue to try and get creators here, and we will continue to ask them to pimp their stuff.

And if Bender simply wants to continue to bust balls and then whine like a little girl, then so be it. I think it's been plainly clear how reasonable a request it is not to troll a new artist here.

Speaking of terms of service... really? Name calling? :smt011

Why is he busting balls by going by the Outhouse's terms of service and asking others to do the same?

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:06 pm

HNutz wrote:
Almost word for word from the last thread on this subject. So this is a continual concern. :(

This makes sense to me.

I could see that happening, too. I would say, if it has to stay in the Asylum, maybe set up LOLTron (or something similar... PreviewTron? INDYTron? I dunno...), give them a questionnaire to fill out with some sample, preview art, questions about their inspirations, etc. and that's the thread about their upcoming issue. Next issue comes out, there can be another thread.

I think it's just a difference of opinion. Reading the TOS, particularly the highlighted section above. That's what he's calling folks out on, but that doesn't seem to be a problem...and if the creators in question are following 3.b, I don't know if we'd be having this conversation.

Speaking of terms of service... really? Name calling? :smt011

Why is he busting balls by going by the Outhouse's terms of service and asking others to do the same?

Because he was busting balls and then whining like a little girl...

JasonWelcome
A Quagmire

Postby JasonWelcome » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:46 pm

Hey Guys

I haven't been around as I dont want anymore abuse from Bender but I did have a major update for you guys. Thanks for check out my work and I hope you guys enjoy what I have to share. This is an update from my blog.

Hello Guys

I have been waiting to do another update until the Kickstarter copies of Issue 3 arrived but I have too much big news to contain in one update!

First off I want to let everyone in the area of Lafayette, know I will be doing a comic book signing of the first 3 issue of the Kingdom with 4 very talented artist. I am happy to say that I have the honor of being friends with Kody Chamberlain Sweets, Rob Guillory Chew, and Burt Durand Horse eComics! And I really look forward to meeting Brent Peeples how does amazing work on the Last of the Greats!

Also for those of you how aren’t in the area I will now be selling the first 3 issues at Indy Planet!

Issue 1

http://indyplanet.com/store/product_inf ... ts_id=7015

Issue 2

http://indyplanet.com/store/product_inf ... ts_id=7016

Issue 3

http://indyplanet.com/store/product_inf ... ts_id=7017

Finally I want to let all the higher level Kickstarter backers know that Issue 3 should be arriving any day from IC Geeks! I will post a new update letting you guys know when to expect the arrival of that issue as well as teaser photos!

Thank you all so much!

Jason

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:52 am

Be thankful that you have a creator posting here... as if more than 5 people are going to see it in here anyway. :smt102

The rules are fine. He's not a spam bot. He's a real deal person who is doing something creative. If that's not what this place is for, then I'm out. The NOBLE thing for you guys to do is delete everything said to derail this thread and leave only his ads. There is nothing amusing about this.

Doc Jon
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby Doc Jon » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:49 pm

shannonh wrote:Be thankful that you have a creator posting here... as if more than 5 people are going to see it in here anyway. :smt102

The rules are fine. He's not a spam bot. He's a real deal person who is doing something creative. If that's not what this place is for, then I'm out. The NOBLE thing for you guys to do is delete everything said to derail this thread and leave only his ads. There is nothing amusing about this.

I would but you would be surprised at the unbelievable rage that occure is one so dares as to delete a poster's post. There is all sorts of calls for mawd-abuse and so on as only grown men on the internet can provide.

But don't worry, we are working to solve all such problems. Just stick with us, we've got some sick surprises.

shannonh
Mad Hatter

Postby shannonh » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:04 pm

You are a very patient man and I'm sure you're on top of it.

Tunguska
Whippersnapper

Postby Tunguska » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:04 am

Great artwork

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:22 pm

JasonWelcome wrote:Hey Guys

I haven't been around as I dont want anymore abuse from Bender but I did have a major update for you guys. Thanks for check out my work and I hope you guys enjoy what I have to share. This is an update from my blog.

Hello Guys

I have been waiting to do another update until the Kickstarter copies of Issue 3 arrived but I have too much big news to contain in one update!

First off I want to let everyone in the area of Lafayette, know I will be doing a comic book signing of the first 3 issue of the Kingdom with 4 very talented artist. I am happy to say that I have the honor of being friends with Kody Chamberlain Sweets, Rob Guillory Chew, and Burt Durand Horse eComics! And I really look forward to meeting Brent Peeples how does amazing work on the Last of the Greats!

Also for those of you how aren’t in the area I will now be selling the first 3 issues at Indy Planet!

Issue 1

http://indyplanet.com/store/product_inf ... ts_id=7015

Issue 2

http://indyplanet.com/store/product_inf ... ts_id=7016

Issue 3

http://indyplanet.com/store/product_inf ... ts_id=7017

Finally I want to let all the higher level Kickstarter backers know that Issue 3 should be arriving any day from IC Geeks! I will post a new update letting you guys know when to expect the arrival of that issue as well as teaser photos!

Thank you all so much!

Jason

Thanks for the links! I'll check them out.

pazos001
Whale Castrato

Title: Jedi dropout.

Postby pazos001 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:27 pm

Nicely done. Is this vector and bitmap?
http://kck.st/Llvuvf

After a limited web release of my graphic novel 'The Bends: One Shot' on graphicly.com ( available here: http://grph.ly/Ox6npn ), I am looking for funds to print the first 100 copies to take to local comic shops. I have a rough quote from Ka-Blam for $350 to print the first 100 in a manga-sized format. If you can contribute you will get your name printed on the back credits page. How cool is that?

http://kck.st/Llvuvf

moneyhorse
A Quagmire

Postby moneyhorse » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:00 pm

congratulations on your kickstarter success! i am excited about this series

Draco x
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 388 posts

Postby Draco x » Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:27 pm

All I can say is welcome to Outhouse, Moneyhorse, and I hope you survive the experience here-I really do!

chaptse
luchadore

Postby chaptse » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:55 am

i am going to launch a kick starter also :smt026

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Creator's Corner