Advertisement

THUNDER Agents #1 (It's a scumbag Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 107 posts
Title: This guy, right?

THUNDER Agents #1 (It's a scumbag Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:49 am

I’m so glad that this book is back, along with Jimmy Olsen, it’s my favourite thing Nick Spencer has done, it’s just a really different take on the superhero and Spencer never does what you’d expect. This issue had familiar elements like an under-ground species deciding to attack the surface, but the rest is like nothing else out there. The interactions between Colleen and Toby are great, and the explanation of how the Menthor helmet actually works was genius. And what other superhero comic would spend two pages discussing Jean-Luc Godard’s Breathless? Spencer is joined now by Wes Craig, who kicks ass on the art, Craig demonstrated how good he was when he drew Guardians Of The Galaxy in a great cartoony style and his work here is similar in how angular it is, but it’s slightly different too, with a darker edge. It’s just great to have good art back on this book, because once CAFU left volume 1, the art went to shit a bit, apart from the guest-spots. That’s one thing I missed in this issue, where was the set of pages from an industry legend?

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand