Advertisement

Haunt #19 (BUY THIS BOOK! Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 88 posts
Title: Shitlord

Haunt #19 (BUY THIS BOOK! Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:51 am

Wow, that was awesome, I don’t want to insult Kirkman, McFarlane, Ottley, Capullo et al, but the previous 18 issues just feel like a warm-up for this new creative team. This is Alan Moore on Supreme-level stuff in the way it takes a book and just moves it to another level (although Haunt was nowhere near as bad as Liefeld’s Supreme). First of all, the artwork from Nathan Fox is just sublime, every page is amazing, every panel is incredibly detailed, it’s just so interesting, and so not what you’d expect from a book like this. I hope Fox can keep up the high standard he sets here, because this is one of the best-looking comics I’ve read this month. Joe Casey’s story is great too, he’s setting up some very interesting villains and the flash-forward on the first 2 or so pages was very enticing. I also like how he’s doing an Orange Juice and ripping it up and starting again, the Government Spy Organization has just disappeared, Daniel Kilgore’s girlfriend is dead, and the nature of Haunt and Kurt seems to have completely changed, this is a brave new world for Haunt, and I’m very excited to see where it goes. If you’ve been ignoring this book because it reminds you too much of 90s Image, try this one and rethink your position.

Advertisement

DMM
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts
Title: Former Twenty Something
Formerly: DeathMetalMetrosexual

Re: Haunt #19 (BUY THIS BOOK! Spoilers)

Postby DMM » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:46 pm

Thanks, Punch. I think I'll check this out. I bought the first twelve issues, but dropped the book during a cull of my pull list.

oogy
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 127 posts
Formerly: oogyboy, Elwood P Dowd, OH USER #535

Postby oogy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:51 pm

A friend and I were looking at this Thursday night at the shop. He's a big fan of the artist, and from what I saw in this book rightfully so. There was only the one copy on the shelf and he was going to pick it up at the end of the night. Not sure if he did, but I'm pretty sure it won't be there next time I go in.

Stephen Colbert wrote:Everybody knows I don't see race. People tell me I'm white and I believe them because I get pretty good service at the Cracker Barrel.

Ron Swanson wrote:You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

GLX
Outhouse Editor

Liked in: 98 posts
Title: Leader of The Society

Postby GLX » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:42 pm

It was okay. I feel that I'd appreciate it more if I was reading Haunt before Casey and Fox showed up. :smt102

john lewis wrote:Everyone but GLX has no taste.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand