Saturday, June 25, 2016 • Morning Edition • "Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Avengers Academy #23 (Putting the B in LGBT spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:32 am

So thanks to Avengers Academy, I’ve now learned that paedophilia is wrong and that it’s OK to be gay or bi-sexual! Thanks Avengers Academy! Man, did that scene between Striker and Julie Power read like an after-school special, pretty clunky stuff. But there was more here than just that. I really liked the introduction of X-23 to the team, she’s a character I don’t know much about, but she meshes well with the rest of the team and hell, hopefully she’ll increase sales so the book isn’t cancelled. The Future-Reptil stuff was pretty good too, I liked how Gage slowly and subtly dropped hints about the dark future he’s using, there’s plenty of mystery around it, especially when it comes to Finesse, and what the hell is the deal with Hybrid? Why does he need to be on the team? Raney drew that perfectly by the way, so fucking creepy.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:24 am

agreed. the actual plot stuff was intriguing, but the character moments here, which have been Gage's strong suit throughout his book, just really came off as ham-fisted and clunky. "after-school special" is exactly how i'd describe it too.

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:30 pm

God, Gage mined the past for Hybrid. He was a ROM villain.

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Punchy wrote:So thanks to Avengers Academy, I’ve now learned that paedophilia is wrong and that it’s OK to be gay or bi-sexual! Thanks Avengers Academy! Man, did that scene between Striker and Julie Power read like an after-school special, pretty clunky stuff. But there was more here than just that.

I really liked the introduction of X-23 to the team, she’s a character I don’t know much about, but she meshes well with the rest of the team and hell, hopefully she’ll increase sales so the book isn’t cancelled.

The Future-Reptil stuff was pretty good too, I liked how Gage slowly and subtly dropped hints about the dark future he’s using, there’s plenty of mystery around it, especially when it comes to Finesse, and what the hell is the deal with Hybrid? Why does he need to be on the team? Raney drew that perfectly by the way, so fucking creepy.

Seriously that hurt to read you lazy shit.

Hab

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:40 pm

habitual wrote:
Seriously that hurt to read you lazy shit.

Fuck off.

Hab

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:42 pm

Punchy wrote:Seriously that hurt to read you lazy shit.

Fuck off.

Hab

Are you telling yourself to fuck off?

Isn't that somewhat masturbatory of you?

:lol:

Hab

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:43 pm

Fuck off!

habitual

Silly French Man

Postby habitual » Wed Dec 21, 2011 5:44 pm

Punchy wrote:Fuck off!

Go wash your hands.

Hab