Sunday, May 1, 2016 • Morning Edition • "At least we're not The Comics Reporter!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

New Avengers #19 (Baby really needs changing spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:31 am

The big Dark Avengers story continues to develop nicely, and it looks like this confrontation is going to be a lot more complex than it looks on the surface. Norman’s new team is rife with divisions and different agendas, already we know that both Madame Hydra and Gorgon distrust Normie and plan to take over once he inevitably goes insane, and on top of that there’s the antipathy between Gorgon and Hydra themselves. Add to that the questionable loyalties of Skaar and Victoria Hand, and things are veeeery interesting indeed. The stuff with the actual, heroic Avengers was interesting too, Jessica Jones’ fear about the safety of her baby rings true, and I loved Spider-Man’s skittishness and concern about Norman being at large. Oh yeah, and the scene between Daredevil and Squirrel Girl was hilariously awkward. Next issue is the big fight, I’m looking forward to it. Also, is the whole ‘Anti-Avengers Protests’ thing we’ve seen lately a comment on Occupy Wall Street? I don’t get what Bendis is getting at.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:26 am

i had legitimately forgotten i'd read this book Wednesday night until i saw this thread. that should tell you what i think about it. :roll:

LobsterJ

Expert Post Whore

Postby LobsterJ » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:29 am

does any writer drive ideas into the ground like bendis?

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:33 am

It was really enjoyable watching the Avengers sit around their table and talk. That doesn't happen enough.

I look forward to next issue where Osborn talks his way out of the fight, the Avengers look like bullies and they spend the next 18 pages talking about how they were beaten again.

chap22

Rain Partier

Postby chap22 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:44 am

The President wrote:It was really enjoyable watching the Avengers sit around their table and talk. That doesn't happen enough.

I look forward to next issue where Osborn talks his way out of the fight, the Avengers look like bullies and they spend the next 18 pages talking about how they were beaten again.

:lol: :lol:

fucking THIS.

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:45 am

LobsterJ wrote:does any writer drive ideas into the ground like bendis?

I don't think Bendis is necessarily a bad writer, but he does have a tendency to drag individual storylines out. The Luke Cage/Norman Osbourne story in New Avengers was a shining example of this, as was every story with the Hood. Bendis always starts strong, and he often ends strong, but if he doesn't have a big event or story to tie into, he too often pads his books with inconsequential garbage.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:16 pm

LobsterJ wrote:does any writer drive ideas into the ground like bendis?

Johns.

48THRiLLS

Review Grouper

Postby 48THRiLLS » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Normally I never doubt the great one but I do feel that I have read this comic before, hopefully there is a curve ball in the next issue.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Dec 17, 2011 4:28 pm

I liked the conversation between Madame Hydra and Gorgon. The interaction between Squirrel Girl and Daredevil seemed a little forced to me though.

The rest of this issue was, alright, it wasn't bad, but nowhere near Bendis' best work.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:14 pm

I am sick and tired of the same scene between Spider-Man and Victoria.
Hey, Spidey, shit or get off the pot already. Drive her out of the house or trust her, but either way, shut the fuck up!

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:14 pm

Stephen Day wrote:I liked the conversation between Madame Hydra and Gorgon. The interaction between Squirrel Girl and Daredevil seemed a little forced to me though.

The rest of this issue was, alright, it wasn't bad, but nowhere near Bendis' best work.

yea, the DD SqG bit wasn't nearly as funny as it should have been

avengingtitan

Rain Partier

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:30 pm

I liked it. It was a nice little set up issue.

leave a comment with facebook