Friday, July 29, 2016 • Afternoon Edition • "We deal with the loons so you don't have to."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

NEW Review Group Week 6! - Amazing Spider-Man #676

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

blah

rubber spoon

Postby blah » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:32 am

Stephen Day wrote:
That sounds horrible.

I stopped reading when WWH started. Never got around to finishing it. I checked out a few issues from Red Hulk but I guess I wasn't interested.

Stephen Day

Wrasslin' Fan

Postby Stephen Day » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:46 am

fahd wrote:
I stopped reading when WWH started. Never got around to finishing it. I checked out a few issues from Red Hulk but I guess I wasn't interested.

It sounds like you made the right decision.

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:59 am

Stephen Day wrote:
Neither am I

[Reveal] Spoiler: Click to Expand
or about the Winter Guard -- Ursa Major and Darkstar in particular

Yeah, this ish had a lot of fail in it.

Starlord

Outhouse Editor

Postby Starlord » Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:26 am

Amazing Spider-Man #676

I'm actually surprised at the negative reviews for this issue. I thought the story was very entertaining with the focus being on the Sinister Six. It's been a while since we've seen the team in action. I especially loved the conversation between The Wizard and Sandman.

It's the art that I still have some serious issues with. I find it to be boxish and cartoonish in a bad way. Everything seems exagerated to the extreme. It does take me out of the story quite a bit.

Story: 8
Art: 4
My Score: 6.50

Amoebas

Son of Stein

Postby Amoebas » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Starlord wrote:I thought the story was very entertaining with the focus being on the Sinister Six. It's been a while since we've seen the team in action. I especially loved the conversation between The Wizard and Sandman.

Part of the problem may be that the Sinister Six were never that interesting. Almost everyone is agreeing that 'Frightful Four' page is the best part of the book (because that team is more interesting).

Eli Katz

OMCTO

Postby Eli Katz » Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:51 pm

Starlord wrote:Amazing Spider-Man #676

I'm actually surprised at the negative reviews for this issue. I thought the story was very entertaining with the focus being on the Sinister Six. It's been a while since we've seen the team in action. I especially loved the conversation between The Wizard and Sandman.

It's the art that I still have some serious issues with. I find it to be boxish and cartoonish in a bad way. Everything seems exagerated to the extreme. It does take me out of the story quite a bit.

Story: 8
Art: 4
My Score: 6.50

I agree with you, Brian. It was a fun issue, with very distracting art. And I think the Sinister Six is great. For me, it's the ultimate villain team -- forming back in ASM Annual # 1 and featuring Spidey's earliest foes.

DeadFett

Outhouse Editor

Postby DeadFett » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:21 pm

Story
I really didn't enjoy this at all. The best part of the issue was definitely the exchange between The Wizard and Sandman. The rest of the dialogue felt forced and cumbersome. I found it difficult to really care what was going on in this issue with no Spider-Man. I really don't like the direction that Doc Ock is going under. It didn't really feel like the same character I remember. However, it may be due to my lack of reading this title. I found myself almost rushing to get through this book and couldn't wait for it to end. There was nothing here to make me come back to Amazing Spider-Man.

Art
The art here was horrible. Much like Bachalo, the action was hard to follow as it looked like a muddled mess.

Story - 2
Art - 2
Overall - 2

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:13 am

What's this week's book?

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:28 am

BlueStreak wrote:What's this week's book?

PacidermAvenger hasn't got back to me yet, if he doesn't by this evening, I'll choose something.

BlueStreak

The Red Stands for Irony

Postby BlueStreak » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:39 am

Punchy wrote:
PacidermAvenger hasn't got back to me yet, if he doesn't by this evening, I'll choose something.

I shot him an email as well.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:59 am

I'll probably choose American Vampire #22 if it comes to that.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:08 pm

It's Wednesday and you don't even have a pick?

Someone can't seem to keep the trains running on time, I see.

guitarsmashley

Regular-Sized Poster

Postby guitarsmashley » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:03 pm

Rebis wrote:It's Wednesday and you don't even have a pick?

fucking pathetic.

Tintin Quarantino

Rain Partier

Postby Tintin Quarantino » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:11 pm

guitarsmashley wrote:
fucking pathetic.

I bet he says who cares because comics aren't out until later in the U.K.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 6:58 pm

Rebis wrote:It's Wednesday and you don't even have a pick?

Oh, do you want to be a member again?

leave a comment with facebook