Advertisement

To be, or Not To Be...Published that is!

Do you have a comic or other project you want to promote? Feel free to post about it here, but don't just post and run. Sticking around and joining in other discussions is the best way to get Outhousers interested in your work. These topics will also show up in The News Stand and The Asylum, for maximum exposure.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Liked in: 0 post
Title: The Beast!

Re: To be, or Not To Be...Published that is!

Postby J.M. Hunter » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:27 pm

Arion wrote:
It's different, that's right. But you still have people like Stan Lee who could write several titles a month. And if you do the math that means it didn't take him 10 hours to write a page.

I still don't see why it would take you so long to write a page. Unless you're including research in the process. For instance, I re read the Clockwork Orange (which took me some time) to write a 5 page comic script.

I think research, retooling, outlining etc. does take alot of hours if you were to run a clock each time you work on the story.

Advertisement

Arion
Twenty-Something

Liked in: 126 posts
Title: www.artbyarion.blogspot.com

Postby Arion » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:26 pm

J.M. Hunter wrote:

I think research, retooling, outlining etc. does take alot of hours if you were to run a clock each time you work on the story.

Quick question: how many words can you tipe per minute?

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:30 pm

Arion wrote:
Quick question: how many words can you tipe per minute?

I don't know anymore.

I used to type pretty fast as I was writing lots of essays esp. after I had starbucks...but now?

Who the hell knows..Is there a program or that ol' rabbit game to find out?

:)

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:14 pm

J.M. Hunter wrote:

I don't know anymore.

I used to type pretty fast as I was writing lots of essays esp. after I had starbucks...but now?

Who the hell knows..Is there a program or that ol' rabbit game to find out?

:)

There are lots of ways to find out.
I type really fast when I'm not drunk.

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:23 pm

I wouldn't know I'm always drunk! :smt005

J.M. Hunter
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby J.M. Hunter » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:26 pm

But in all seriousness....Arion you're in then?

I know I am....Bluestreak mentioned one of his buds is in...

That's 3 of us then...the other two guys I asked were Shannon Oh! and Chudd here. But they're tentative based on more guidelines and details...

If we're able to provide those...and they're cool with that?

That's 5 cats.....almost six....

I think this thread though is the thread if any of you are wavering to ask questions about it....I can only weigh in as I'm not the editor on it, but since I did propose it I figure I'd have some input on how things might or might not help. I know this. I want to see all of us succeed in some fashion. I'm not stingy. I can share comics with y'all! :band

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:44 pm

J.M. Hunter wrote:But in all seriousness....Arion you're in then?

I know I am....Bluestreak mentioned one of his buds is in...

That's 3 of us then...the other two guys I asked were Shannon Oh! and Chudd here. But they're tentative based on more guidelines and details...

If we're able to provide those...and they're cool with that?

That's 5 cats.....almost six....

I think this thread though is the thread if any of you are wavering to ask questions about it....I can only weigh in as I'm not the editor on it, but since I did propose it I figure I'd have some input on how things might or might not help. I know this. I want to see all of us succeed in some fashion. I'm not stingy. I can share comics with y'all! :band

I guess I'm in, but I'm not sure how it'll work out.

jeremiahvedder
Motherfucker from Hell

Title: GM J OK
Formerly: jeremiahvedder

Postby jeremiahvedder » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:10 pm

Arion wrote:It's different, that's right. But you still have people like Stan Lee who could write several titles a month. And if you do the math that means it didn't take him 10 hours to write a page.

I still don't see why it would take you so long to write a page. Unless you're including research in the process. For instance, I re read the Clockwork Orange (which took me some time) to write a 5 page comic script.

Stan Lee was prolific because of the Marvel Method. If you don't believe me, that's fine, that's your prerogative, it doesn't really make a difference. Disregarding the speed at which I approach my own personal projects, I'm still saying something valid about the perception of comic book script-writers. You can take or leave that, too, I guess, but I do have some experience.

www.wowio.com/kscomics

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:45 pm

jeremiahvedder wrote:Stan Lee was prolific because of the Marvel Method. If you don't believe me, that's fine, that's your prerogative, it doesn't really make a difference. Disregarding the speed at which I approach my own personal projects, I'm still saying something valid about the perception of comic book script-writers. You can take or leave that, too, I guess, but I do have some experience.

http://www.wowio.com/kscomics

I wasn't trying to dismiss your opinions, it's just that I work in a completely different way (and no, I don't use the Marvel Method).

I clicked on the preview section of a couple of your comics but I get a 'mature content' warning and I can't see anything. What should I do?

jeremiahvedder
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby jeremiahvedder » Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:10 pm

Arion wrote:I wasn't trying to dismiss your opinions, it's just that I work in a completely different way (and no, I don't use the Marvel Method).

I clicked on the preview section of a couple of your comics but I get a 'mature content' warning and I can't see anything. What should I do?

You'd probably have to create an account. They're really not all THAT mature but Wowio doesn't have a PG-13 or T FOR TEEN so I had to play it safe when rating. You can see by the publishing dates how hard it's been to put some of these together, like a constant uphill battle.

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:33 pm

jeremiahvedder wrote:You'd probably have to create an account. They're really not all THAT mature but Wowio doesn't have a PG-13 or T FOR TEEN so I had to play it safe when rating. You can see by the publishing dates how hard it's been to put some of these together, like a constant uphill battle.

Oh well, I'll create an account then.
Yes, I did briefly check the dates. Between my 2 page story published in The Gathering # 1 and the next one (again 2 pages) published also in The Gathering there was a 7 months hiatus. How about that?

jeremiahvedder
Motherfucker from Hell

Postby jeremiahvedder » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:51 pm

Arion wrote:Oh well, I'll create an account then.
Yes, I did briefly check the dates. Between my 2 page story published in The Gathering # 1 and the next one (again 2 pages) published also in The Gathering there was a 7 months hiatus. How about that?

I think it's terrific you have the opportunity to pursue your passions. It's all such a balancing act, each of us should be proud of the other (as Outhousers and the Indy comics community), whenever we have the opportunity to be published!

Arion
Twenty-Something

Postby Arion » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:19 pm

jeremiahvedder wrote:I think it's terrific you have the opportunity to pursue your passions. It's all such a balancing act, each of us should be proud of the other (as Outhousers and the Indy comics community), whenever we have the opportunity to be published!

Yes, I think it's important that we try to follow our crazy dreams even if that means that we don't make money (yet) or other meaningless stuff like that.

leave a comment with facebook

Previous

Return to The Creator's Corner