Advertisement

Black Panther: The Most Dangerous Man Alive #527 (Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 29 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Black Panther: The Most Dangerous Man Alive #527 (Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:23 pm

I loved this issue. I loved the human chess match between T'Challa and Fisk. It's so clear that the two of them are just so evenly matched. In the end, I think what gave T'Challa the edge was the fact that he can trust his allies, while Fisk can't. This is evidenced by Lady Bullseye and Typhoid Mary turning on Miyu the way that they did this issue.

The ending with Fisk ordering the Hand to engage in a full on assault on Wakanda was not what I expected, but I don't consider that to be a bad thing. I can't wait to see where this story goes. However there's also a part of me, knowing that this series has been cancelled, that doesn't want to see this story end, because then this series will be over with.

Thank you Troy for the sig

Advertisement

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Re: Black Panther: The Most Dangerous Man Alive #527 (Spoile

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:31 am

It was pretty awesome that Michael Avon Oeming drew this issue, I’m a big fan of his and it’s rare to see him on a mainstream superhero title like this one. This is a rare and beautiful thing. His art is very suitable for this book too, he knows how to use shadows, and this issue reminded me a lot of Batman: The Animated Series, which considering the debt this book owes to Batman, is high praise. This issue didn’t really move the plot forwards too much, it was more Panther and Kingpin moving their pieces around the board, but Liss did get in some great action sequences, and the ending was great, how the hell is T’Challa supposed to stop Wakanda being attacked from New York? Though I’m sad this book is ending, the finale promises to be spectacular.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand