Advertisement

Ultimate X-Men #5 (Windows Iron Man Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Ultimate X-Men #5 (Windows Iron Man Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:14 am

A lot of the plot threads are starting to come together now, as we see how what’s going on with Rogue, Stryker and Quicksilver kind of link up. It was shocking to see Stryker execute what looked to me like Ultimate Beak, and then to find out he was a mutant himself was interesting too. But if his power is controlling machines, how is he ‘healing’ mutants? Also interesting is the notion that someone or something is controlling everything, Stryker and Rogue think it’s God, but I’m guessing it’s actually a not-dead Charles Xavier. Ultimate Charlies was always more of a douche than the original, so I wouldn’t put it past him. Or maybe in a Battlestar Galactica style twist, it will actually be God. The X-Men Vs. God, coming this summer!

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 370 posts

Re: Ultimate X-Men #5 (Windows Iron Man Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:44 pm

I'd say he's controlling nanites and just doesnt know it.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 303 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Punchy wrote:Ultimate Charlies was always more of a douche than the original, so I wouldn’t put it past him.

It was more than that if they continue with MIllar's original plan for him.

In Millar's last issue when Magneto was locked up, Magneto was hinting that Xavier 's main goal was to infiltrate the world government to influence foreign policy in a manner to allow mutant integration into society but before he can elaborate Xavier cuts and Magneto actually apologises for going into detail about Xavier's plan.

Then at the end, he thanks the guards for their assistance and trusts they’ll forget about magneto's earlier outburst since it wasn't worth remembering and already been erased from the surveillance tapes (magnetically wiped).

It made him sound like a version of Magneto who didn't want a war but was still willing to cross lines.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:58 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
It was more than that if they continue with MIllar's original plan for him.

In Millar's last issue when Magneto was locked up, Magneto was hinting that Xavier 's main goal was to infiltrate the world government to influence foreign policy in a manner to allow mutant integration into society but before he can elaborate Xavier cuts and Magneto actually apologises for going into detail about Xavier's plan.

Then at the end, he thanks the guards for their assistance and trusts they’ll forget about magneto's earlier outburst since it wasn't worth remembering and already been erased from the surveillance tapes (magnetically wiped).

It made him sound like a version of Magneto who didn't want a war but was still willing to cross lines.

Exactly.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders

Zero
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 65 posts
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian

Postby Zero » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Nick Spencer is a lot like Fat Bob if Walking Dead and Invincible weren't very good. This isn't the worst Ultimate X-Men has ever been, but it's not far off and this is a title that has had Chuck Austen issues.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:18 pm

Zero wrote:Nick Spencer is a lot like Fat Bob if Walking Dead and Invincible weren't very good. This isn't the worst Ultimate X-Men has ever been, but it's not far off and this is a title that has had Chuck Austen issues.

What are you yammering about? Are you using Bass wording? Are you in fact Bass?

Its the best this book has been in a very long time.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand