Advertisement

Ultimate X-Men #5 (Windows Iron Man Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
User avatar
Staff Writer
 
Posts: 34507
Likes: 0 post
Liked in: 96 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:27 am
Location: UK
Title: This guy, right?


Ultimate X-Men #5 (Windows Iron Man Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:14 am

A lot of the plot threads are starting to come together now, as we see how what’s going on with Rogue, Stryker and Quicksilver kind of link up. It was shocking to see Stryker execute what looked to me like Ultimate Beak, and then to find out he was a mutant himself was interesting too. But if his power is controlling machines, how is he ‘healing’ mutants? Also interesting is the notion that someone or something is controlling everything, Stryker and Rogue think it’s God, but I’m guessing it’s actually a not-dead Charles Xavier. Ultimate Charlies was always more of a douche than the original, so I wouldn’t put it past him. Or maybe in a Battlestar Galactica style twist, it will actually be God. The X-Men Vs. God, coming this summer!

Advertisement

avengingtitan
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 20014
Likes: 27 posts
Liked in: 370 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:26 am
Location: Hershey, PA


Re: Ultimate X-Men #5 (Windows Iron Man Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:44 pm

I'd say he's controlling nanites and just doesnt know it.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

fieldy snuts
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 19274
Likes: 61 posts
Liked in: 303 posts
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:34 pm
Location: The 3040
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones


Re: Ultimate X-Men #5 (Windows Iron Man Spoilers)

Postby fieldy snuts » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Punchy wrote:Ultimate Charlies was always more of a douche than the original, so I wouldn’t put it past him.


It was more than that if they continue with MIllar's original plan for him.

In Millar's last issue when Magneto was locked up, Magneto was hinting that Xavier 's main goal was to infiltrate the world government to influence foreign policy in a manner to allow mutant integration into society but before he can elaborate Xavier cuts and Magneto actually apologises for going into detail about Xavier's plan.

Then at the end, he thanks the guards for their assistance and trusts they’ll forget about magneto's earlier outburst since it wasn't worth remembering and already been erased from the surveillance tapes (magnetically wiped).

It made him sound like a version of Magneto who didn't want a war but was still willing to cross lines.
Image

avengingtitan
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 20014
Likes: 27 posts
Liked in: 370 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:26 am
Location: Hershey, PA


Re: Ultimate X-Men #5 (Windows Iron Man Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:58 pm

fieldy snuts wrote:
It was more than that if they continue with MIllar's original plan for him.

In Millar's last issue when Magneto was locked up, Magneto was hinting that Xavier 's main goal was to infiltrate the world government to influence foreign policy in a manner to allow mutant integration into society but before he can elaborate Xavier cuts and Magneto actually apologises for going into detail about Xavier's plan.

Then at the end, he thanks the guards for their assistance and trusts they’ll forget about magneto's earlier outburst since it wasn't worth remembering and already been erased from the surveillance tapes (magnetically wiped).

It made him sound like a version of Magneto who didn't want a war but was still willing to cross lines.

Exactly.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Zero
User avatar
Zombie Guard
 
Posts: 9252
Likes: 20 posts
Liked in: 65 posts
Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:00 am
Location: The Frozen North
Title: Last Man on Earth
Formerly: Armin Tamzarian


Re: Ultimate X-Men #5 (Windows Iron Man Spoilers)

Postby Zero » Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:53 pm

Nick Spencer is a lot like Fat Bob if Walking Dead and Invincible weren't very good. This isn't the worst Ultimate X-Men has ever been, but it's not far off and this is a title that has had Chuck Austen issues.

avengingtitan
User avatar
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE
 
Posts: 20014
Likes: 27 posts
Liked in: 370 posts
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:26 am
Location: Hershey, PA


Re: Ultimate X-Men #5 (Windows Iron Man Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:18 pm

Zero wrote:Nick Spencer is a lot like Fat Bob if Walking Dead and Invincible weren't very good. This isn't the worst Ultimate X-Men has ever been, but it's not far off and this is a title that has had Chuck Austen issues.

What are you yammering about? Are you using Bass wording? Are you in fact Bass?

Its the best this book has been in a very long time.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook


Return to The News Stand



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot], FaceBook [Linkcheck] and 172 guests

Advertisement