Advertisement

Avengers Academy #24 (Arm Candy Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 76 posts
Title: Shitlord

Avengers Academy #24 (Arm Candy Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:12 am

I generally like Tom Grummett a lot, but is really suitable for a comic about teenage superheroes? He kind of draws teens to look like adults. But that aside, this was another strong issue of Avengers Academy, and I was surprised that Gage went full steam ahead with the Hybrid/Evil Future Reptil storyline, I thought that would be something that would bubble under for a little while. But it’s cool that the book is moving rapidly. It’s always great to see Butterball and Juston and his Sentinel, but it was kind of distressing how gullible everyone in this book was, they just walked right into Reptil’s trap. It was good to get some back-story on White Tiger, and that she had stopped being so stridently Hispanic and down on Reptil about his not representing. The stage is set for a damn big fight next issue, hope it delivers, and we get some answers.

Advertisement

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 186 posts

Re: Avengers Academy #24 (Arm Candy Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:17 pm

I LOVE this book. Its the book I always look forward. The only complaint I have is that they de-aged White Tiger so she could be in this book. Can't wait where we go from here.

I thought Juston and Butterball were goners.

fieldy snuts
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 210 posts
Title: Burrr
Formerly: Sweet James Jones

Postby fieldy snuts » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:54 pm

avengingtitan wrote:I LOVE this book. Its the book I always look forward. The only complaint I have is that they de-aged White Tiger so she could be in this book. Can't wait where we go from here.

I thought Juston and Butterball were goners.

Different person. This one's his little sister while the FBI agent was his niece. What DID happen to the FBI one after Shadowland? :? She was forgotten even faster than Kasper Cole was.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 186 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:50 am

fieldy snuts wrote:
Different person. This one's his little sister while the FBI agent was his niece. What DID happen to the FBI one after Shadowland? :? She was forgotten even faster than Kasper Cole was.

Thats true, I got them confused I guess. I still wanna know how she got the amulets. The last time I remember that White Tiger was in a book was during Shadowland she was a villain or something and then it ended and suddenly we get this new chick wearing the amulets.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

chap22
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 171 posts
Title: Pretentious curmudgeon

Postby chap22 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:20 pm

i love Grummett, ever since my first exposure to him drawing Robin (exhibit A for why i think Punch's claims that he doesn't draw teens to like like teens is unfounded, btw). but this current storyline, while it started with promise, is not doing much for me. Hybrid bores me, this issue was repetitive as all fuck with the repeated "bring kids to Hybrid" deal, and in the end, adult Reptil just aborts his whole plot anyway. just not a great arc, IMO. needs to get back to Veil and what she's doing.
rdrsfn82 wrote:Chap is right.

john lewis wrote:I got nothing but respect for [Chap]

jsalwen wrote:You're the man, Chap.

DMM wrote:Chap knows what he's talking about.

MoneyMelon wrote:chap is right about pretty much everything

GOSD wrote:chap FTW!

Ntikrst wrote:Chap's right

oogy wrote:All those quotes in your sig ain't lying.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand