Advertisement

Villains For Hire #2 (Credible Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 104 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Villains For Hire #2 (Credible Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:18 am

When exactly did the Shocker become a punchline? I’m trying to pinpoint the exact moment, I’m guessing it’s either the hilarious Ultimate version, who is not only a punchline but a punching bag, or the Bruce Campbell commentary in the video-game of the first Spider-Man movie, where he rips the shit out of him, either way, he’s a joke, and this issue had a lot of fun with that, Tiger Shark owned him. This is developing into a very interesting series, not only is there the war between Misty Knight and Purple Man, but there’s now the issue of whether or not Misty is going off the deep end and becoming a villain herself. The last page where she takes out the Paladin was a real, you guessed it, a real shocker.

Advertisement

Amoebas
Son of Stein

Liked in: 638 posts
Title: Amorphous Anomoly

Re: Villains For Hire #2 (Credible Spoilers)

Postby Amoebas » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:22 am

To me it's kind of obvious that they know they're being spied on, so they faked the fight.

And Shocker became a joke in Amazing Spider-Man #46

sdsichero
2k11 Outhouse People's Champion

Liked in: 872 posts
Title: Adventure is out there
Formerly: beta-ray

Postby sdsichero » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:33 pm

I'm shocked. SHOCKED.

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 438 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Punchy wrote:When exactly did the Shocker become a punchline? I’m trying to pinpoint the exact moment, I’m guessing it’s either the hilarious Ultimate version, who is not only a punchline but a punching bag, or the Bruce Campbell commentary in the video-game of the first Spider-Man movie, where he rips the shit out of him, either way, he’s a joke, and this issue had a lot of fun with that, Tiger Shark owned him. This is developing into a very interesting series, not only is there the war between Misty Knight and Purple Man, but there’s now the issue of whether or not Misty is going off the deep end and becoming a villain herself. The last page where she takes out the Paladin was a real, you guessed it, a real shocker.

I was not expecting that ending at all, but I enjoyed being shocked (yeah, two can play at that game :P ) by it.

Thank you Troy for the sig

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 402 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:12 am

Did anyone notice that the preview page had people on the wrong team? It was weird.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand