Thursday, August 25, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "We're the god damn Outhousers."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Amazing Spider-Man #677 (spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Frag

REAL OFFICIAL President of the Outhouse

Postby Frag » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:37 pm

Waid writes a good team-up making DD look really cool in the process. Some nice banter between DD and Peter. It's a relationship the Spidey has that I've missed, second only to his friendship with that John Storm character.

My one minor quibble is Black Cat's powers. They are written so inconsistently. Now she can stop bullets?

Still, good issue. Looking forward to the continuation in DD.

Marius665

Society Member

Postby Marius665 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:44 pm

stop bullets? :smt018

Frag

Postby Frag » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Marius665 wrote:stop bullets? :smt018

Unless it's bad art, it looks like the bullets just stop in front of her.

Marius665

Society Member

Postby Marius665 » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:47 pm

I'll download...I MEAN BUY IT...tonight and see for myself. But I don't doubt that you did see what you saw.

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:02 pm

Don't start that John Storm nonsense again!

Dragavon

Podcaster

Postby Dragavon » Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:15 pm

The President wrote:
Unless it's bad art, it looks like the bullets just stop in front of her.

Maybe it's because that's the exact moment that the bullets are going past her.

Peter Parker

underclassman

Postby Peter Parker » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:23 pm

Yeah i think the bullets fly by since the Cat's hair goes flying. I had to look twice though to figure it out.

I enjoyed this issue, can't wait for next week's daredevil!

Frag

Postby Frag » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:51 pm

Punchy wrote:Don't start that John Storm nonsense again!

I'm glad you caught that. :lol:

Frag

Postby Frag » Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:52 pm

Dragavon wrote:Maybe it's because that's the exact moment that the bullets are going past her.

I wasn't sure because the bullets look crushed as if they hit a wall.

S.F. Jude Terror

OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:10 pm

Man, can Waid write Spidey permanantly? This issue was great. The art was great too (the cover sucked).

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:21 am

The crossover we’ve all been waiting for kicks off as Spider-Man meets up with the new, light-hearted Daredevil and as you’d expect, it’s a lot of fun. The story zips along at a nice pace but Waid still manages to find time for some pauses and character bits, I particularly liked the race between Spidey and DD as they jumped off the Chrysler Building, it was a great way to show, rather than tell the readers of Amazing Spider-Man about Daredevil’s brand new attitude. The stuff with Peter just straight-up ruining Matt’s attempts at pretending he’s not DD was also great, and really showed how good Mark Waid is at putting humour into his books, the dialogue between all of the characters was just brilliant. It looks like we’ve got an imposter Black Cat, but I’m actually thinking that it’s all a Hologram, and that this guy Wasserschmidt is stealing from Horizon himself, luckily I don’t have long to wait to find out!

leave a comment with facebook