Thursday, September 29, 2016 • Evening Edition • "The place to talk some shit."

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Advertisement

Millar. Quitely. Jupiter's Children

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

LOLtron

Rain Partier

Postby LOLtron » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:09 am

Millar. Quitely. Jupiter's ChildrenThe writer behind Kick-Ass and the artist behind All-Star Superman unite for the biggest Millarworld project yet, Jupiter's Children!

Mark Millar has been teasing his upcoming project with Frank Quitely for what seems like years now, but we finally have some deets. The Authority co-conspirators are re-teaming for a new epic Millarworld series entitled Jupiter's Children. It launches in September 2012, and sounds amazing.

The series will follow the listless, unambitious, spoiled children of the world's first generation of superheroes, so think Paris Hilton but with laser eyes. The trappings of success are wasted on these kids. Millar promises the series will tackle real-world issues, and has also compared it to the likes of Star Wars and Lord Of The Rings, and a mega-event with 1000s of characters like Civil War, but without any of the endless back-story.

Exciting huh? Here's our first look at Frank Quitely's art for the series, and all I can say is, bring on September!

Millar. Quitely. Jupiter's Children

Source: CBR
Written or Contributed by: Niam Suggitt

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/comics-news/17903-millar-quitely-jupiters-children.html/

Zero

Zombie Guard

Postby Zero » Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:49 am

UGH. We get precious little Quitely art anyway and to have it squandered like this on a Millar book is just sucktacular.

GHERU

Rain Partier

Postby GHERU » Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:55 am

Wow! I wonder what the average time between issues will be,

Also, love the "CBR Exclusive" watermark in in image.

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:43 am

Millar and Quitely this book will never be finished lol

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:58 am

Sometimes Quitely's art is really great, but other times it looks like straight up ass.

...and I'm not really sure which category that one falls into. :smt017

Juan Cena

DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:04 am

MistaT wrote:Sometimes Quitely's art is really great, but other times it looks like straight up ass.

The chick in the pic does have a nice @$$, I've got to admit.

MrBlack

WTF is this rank?

Postby MrBlack » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:05 am

MistaT wrote:Sometimes Quitely's art is really great, but other times it looks like straight up ass.

I'm going with good, even if the girl reminds me of E.T.

Millar's more miss than hit with me, although when he's on his game he is excellent. It's an interesting concept, but I'm not sure that Millar can pull it off without falling into his stock misanthropic ultra-violence.

MistaT

penile prisoner

Postby MistaT » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:07 am

The Nacireman wrote:

But her face....it reminds me of some horror movie like Dollmaker or something. Its just creepy looking. But that could be intentional, she is from Jupiter after all. :smt102

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:22 am

the chick looks like Rooney Mara from girl with a dragon tattoo

Chesscub

WTF is this rank?

Postby Chesscub » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:41 am

Did the follow up to Chosen ever come out? :smt017

eltopo

Twenty-Something

Postby eltopo » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:45 am

Chesscub wrote:Did the follow up to Chosen ever come out? :smt017

I don't think so

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:56 am

The series will follow the listless, unambitious, spoiled children of the world's first generation of superheroes, so think Paris Hilton but with laser eyes. The trappings of success are wasted on these kids. Millar promises the series will tackle real-world issues..

It was cooler when it was called "Kingdom Come" :P

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:57 am

IvCNuB4 wrote:
It was cooler when it was called "Kingdom Come" :P

Kingdom Come wasn't really about that, it was about how much Alex Ross and Mark Waid hated Youngblood.

IvCNuB4

Staff Writer

Postby IvCNuB4 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:00 am

:lol: :lol:

BubbaKanoosh

2009 Most Valuable Poster

Postby BubbaKanoosh » Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:37 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
but she's no Matt Ryan, Amirite?

leave a comment with facebook