Advertisement

Grifter #5 (Cash problem Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

Grifter #5 (Cash problem Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:30 am

Another issue that’s all about the action, as Grifter faces off against a veritable army of Daemonites in the middle of Seattle. One thing I liked about this issue was how it introduced the idea of the Daemonites not being a united front, that Tsavo was not operating with the full backing of the other, and that they are not some uniform hivemind, but a race with different goals and methods from each ‘person’. This makes them a more interesting threat than they were before, well it does for me at least. Scott Clark’s artwork was strong, but the CGI at the end brought back bad memories of his work on Batman Incorporated #8, which was… it was bad. Stick to the pencils Scott! It’s a shame that Edmondson is being replaced on this book by Rob Liefeld, I feel he could end up telling a great long-form story here if given the chance. Will I read Liefeld’s take? I reckon I’ll try one issue.

Advertisement

MoneyMelon
Chief Yankee Wanker

Liked in: 1 post
Title: Internet Celebrity

Re: Grifter #5 (Cash problem Spoilers)

Postby MoneyMelon » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:34 am

I like how they're incorporating a lot of Wildstorm stuff into the DCU, but I'm annoyed that they're replacing the writer on this, particularly since it's Rob Liefeld.

Part of me is hoping this book and Voodoo get canned and replaced with a Wildcats book by a decent writer.

Man of Steel wrote:get over myself? You're the one who fancies himself some sort of internet celebrity.

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 130 posts

Re: Grifter #5 (Cash problem Spoilers)

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:39 pm

I was just starting to like where this was going and now their bringing in Liefeld. Thanks for killing my interest in it DC.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Comics, Video Games, Action Figures, Pokemon Cards, Yu-Gi-Oh Cards, Disney Infinity, and Skylanders
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand