Advertisement

Daredevil #8 (Horndog Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 77 posts
Title: Shitlord

Daredevil #8 (Horndog Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:36 am

So I was right about one prediction and wrong about the other. Wasserschmidt was behind the theft, but there was no Black Cat doppelganger, it was just her being mean to Spider-Man. Which I guess makes sense. This was a strong conclusion to this crossover, but I was a bit surprised by how little Spider-Man appeared in this issue, this was far more of a Daredevil/Black Cat team-up. But what an enjoyable team-up! The flirting between the two of them was great, and the way that Waid revealed that the whole thing was a ploy to steal the Omegadrive was very well done. I guess this will all pay off in The Omega Effect? Kano’s art was very good, as he adjusted his style a little to make it resemble Marcos Martin’s a bit. If he used this style regularly he’d be a great fit to draw this book regularly. The ending of the issue was very surprising, it’s just a shame that the covers to upcoming issues have revealed it’s something to do with Moloids. But even so, that’s a villain Daredevil rarely faces, so I’m sure Waid will have fun with it.

Advertisement

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Liked in: 69 posts

Re: Daredevil #8 (Horndog Spoilers)

Postby Rikk Odinson » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:04 pm

I have enjoyed Daredevil quite a bit up to this x-over but I'm not sure if I'll be buying it anymore after this ish.

Can't stand how they write and treat Spidey at Marvel anymore. I don't understand how anyone can like the total loser they've turned him into.
Yes, DD has always had a thing for dangerous chicks but to see him just whore himself out like that, especially to a chick that he knows is an on again off again love interest for one of his best buddies, was ridiculous and lame.
If Spider-Man had any balls he woulda kicked DD's ass but the current version of Peter Parker is a spineless loser and will just whine about it in his head while he team's up with Daredevil and The Punisher and jobs to them in the next x-over.

This x-over read like lame fanfic.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Why would he beat up his friend just for kissing Black Cat? That would be incredibly out of character.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Liked in: 767 posts
Title: Webmaster Supreme
Formerly: Dr. Jude Terror

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:10 pm

I felt jealous for Spidey in this issue. :lol:

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:12 pm

Punchy wrote:Why would he beat up his friend just for kissing Black Cat? That would be incredibly out of character.

I agree. The current Spider-Man is a whiny bitch and nothing like the Spidey I read for decades. The old Spider-Man had balls. This one, not so much.

Punchy
Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:21 pm

Rikk Odinson wrote:

I agree. The current Spider-Man is a whiny bitch and nothing like the Spidey I read for decades. The old Spider-Man had balls. This one, not so much.

Spider-Man never had balls, you're looking at things with rose-tinted spectacles, he's always been a sad-sack.

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Punchy wrote:
Spider-Man never had balls, you're looking at things with rose-tinted spectacles, he's always been a sad-sack.

He always had problems. He was not a loser like they portray him now.

"My girlfriend dropped me! Black Cat how about some nookie?".... wait a minute. He couldn't even manage to actually say something like that. He just mumbled and stuttered like a douche. Not a man that had a previous relationship with this woman and plenty others.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:48 pm

I liked the twist on Peter and Felicia's interaction. People's relationships change, and people's behavior changes, especially when they're feeling depressed or just got dumped. These two issues by Waid have been some of the best Spider-Man I've read in years. And as an extreme OMD hater, I actually kind of like Peter's love life status right now. I like that there's options of reconcilliation with all of these exes (and hope he ends up back with Mary Jane). I think Peter's character is in a good place right now.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:49 pm

And of course he doesn't know how to hit on Black Cat - she's usually the aggressor. And it makes sense that she wouldn't want to be his rebound fling.

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:50 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:I liked the twist on Peter and Felicia's interaction. People's relationships change, and people's behavior changes, especially when they're feeling depressed or just got dumped. These two issues by Waid have been some of the best Spider-Man I've read in years. And as an extreme OMD hater, I actually kind of like Peter's love life status right now. I like that there's options of reconcilliation with all of these exes (and hope he ends up back with Mary Jane). I think Peter's character is in a good place right now.

What the fuck has San Francisco done to you?!?

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:51 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote:And of course he doesn't know how to hit on Black Cat - she's usually the aggressor. And it makes sense that she wouldn't want to be his rebound fling.

Just stop.

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:37 pm

:lol: It was a good issue!

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:45 pm

S.F. Jude Terror wrote: :lol: It was a good issue!

It was fucking crap. Waid normally writes a good Spidey but this issue and the Amazing Spider-Man issue that preceded it were just character assassination of Spidey to make DD look better in comparison.

The very fact that you're agreeing with Punchy should give you pause.

Dragavon
Podcaster

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Married
Formerly: Ben Reilly

Postby Dragavon » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:47 pm

Punchy wrote:Why would he beat up his friend just for kissing Black Cat? That would be incredibly out of character.

Really, you wouldn't be pissed at a friend for dating your ex? One that you were currently pursuing?

S.F. Jude Terror
OMCTO

Postby S.F. Jude Terror » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:50 pm

He wasn't pursuing her. He just broke up with someone and was acting desperate. :lol:

leave a comment with facebook

Next

Return to The News Stand