Advertisement

Batman #5 (I'm not listening Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 104 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Batman #5 (I'm not listening Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:40 am

Woah, now that was a head-fuck and a half wasn’t it? This issue really messed with not only Batman’s head, but the reader’s. We’re trapped in the maze just as much as Batman is, and the way Snyder and Capullo rotated the layout of the book to landscape, and then totally upside-down really worked well in adding to the disorientation and confusion that Batman was feeling throughout the issue. I’ve seen more than one person saying that this was the best Batman issue ever or words similar to that, and while I don’t think this is that good, it’s still a fantastic issue that had a totally unique atmosphere. It’s rare to see Batman so up against the wall, so not in control and it’s exciting. I’m sure that the ending was just a hallucination from the freaky water, but even then I’m not sure, and that’s great, too many Batman stories are totally predictable and by-the-numbers. This is not and it’s brilliant.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand