Advertisement

The Ultimates #6 (Extinction Spiral Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

The Ultimates #6 (Extinction Spiral Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:36 am

I bloody love Jamie Braddock as the new Ultimate Captain Britain, he’s only been in a few scenes so far, but he seems to be a very complex character, and not at all like his brother. The scenes with him were the highlight of this issue, which was, much like #5 an instalment more concerned with small character movements than big explosions like the first 4. We see Nick attempting to get Captain America to come back, and of course, Cap says no. I did like that Nick really only wanted him back for the symbolism, Ultimate Cap is, unlike his 616 counterpart, no strategist and it was cool to see that recognised. The Tony Stark stuff was interesting too, I can’t believe he’s going along with what Kratos is doing, that’s going to blow back in his face for sure. And when did Nick Fury and Black Widow II get back together? Is that baby Ultimate Marcus Johnson? Brandon Peterson and Esad Ribic did a good job on art, but these last two issues have moved a little too slowly, maybe they should just drop the Hulk onto The City?

Advertisement

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 0 post
Formerly: Schmormerly

Re: The Ultimates #6 (Extinction Spiral Spoilers)

Postby Victorian Squid » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:43 pm

I read the 3-issues-in-one collection they put out of 1-3--and I would totally buy more books in that format, incidentally--and was not that impressed. Cap was still AWOL though.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand