Advertisement

Justice League #5 (Who the hell's Bruce Wayne? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Justice League #5 (Who the hell's Bruce Wayne? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:24 pm

I know I’ve been one of the few people online praising this book, but even I realise that this issue was pretty bad. The scene where Batman unmasks to Green Lantern was especially, epically stupid. I did like the Flash and Superman attempting to outrun Darkseid’s Omega-beams though, that was well-done. Other than that… this was all the bad stuff of this book without the good, Hal Jordan was a douche, Cyborg still doesn’t belong as a founder and Wonder Woman and Aquaman didn’t so anything at all in the issue. Jim Lee’s art looked very rushed as well. Let’s hope #6 is good, because really, this one was fucking poor.

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Justice League #5 (Who the hell's Bruce Wayne? Spoilers)

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:52 pm

This issue just sucked. That's about all you can say about it.

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Jack Burton
biny little tird

Postby Jack Burton » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeah it really was bad. Who the hell is Bruce Waybe? Really? Is he not an internationally know guy in the DCU now?

e_galston
Staff Writer

Liked in: 2 posts
Formerly: Sitebreaker

Postby e_galston » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:18 pm

Jack Burton wrote:Yeah it really was bad. Who the hell is Bruce Waybe? Really? Is he not an internationally know guy in the DCU now?

i complained about this last week after i read it on Facebook, and someone told me it might show how self absorbed Hal was. to me it was just stupid. plus Bruce unmasking in the middle of a city (sure it was pretty much destroyed). seriously there were no innocent bystanders that saw him at all..

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:26 pm

I liked the scene between Hal and Bruce. :smt102

Justice League has been a decent enough comic, imo. Yeah, the story is slow as hell but Jim Lee's art makes up for it for me.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Rikk Odinson wrote:I liked the scene between Hal and Bruce. :smt102

Justice League has been a decent enough comic, imo. Yeah, the story is slow as hell but Jim Lee's art makes up for it for me.

Here's the difference between Johns and Morrison. Johns can stretch two months of story into six issues of comics. Morrison can take two issues of comics and fill it with six months of story.

- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

MikeinLA
crash test dummy

Postby MikeinLA » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:47 pm

Issue Five of Justice League was my last. If creators are going to retell the first meeting of the most iconic heroes in comics, they should try and keep it from being dull. Johns and Lee failed in this.

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:52 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
Here's the difference between Johns and Morrison. Johns can stretch two months of story into six issues of comics. Morrison can take two issues of comics and fill it with six months of story.

Right on. I like Johns and Morrison both.

All I know is Justice League is entertaining me.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:58 pm

MikeinLA wrote:Issue Five of Justice League was my last. If creators are going to retell the first meeting of the most iconic heroes in comics, they should try and keep it from being dull. Johns and Lee failed in this.

This.

It didn't help things with using Darkseid as the main villain. I was tired of him years ago.

- Sons of the Desert

Rikk Odinson
Society Member

Postby Rikk Odinson » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:32 pm

The Nacireman wrote:
This.

It didn't help things with using Darkseid as the main villain. I was tired of him years ago.

I liked him as the choice of villain to get the JLA together. Much better than a Giant Starfish.

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:39 pm

Rikk Odinson wrote:

I liked him as the choice of villain to get the JLA together. Much better than a Giant Starfish.

I just would have liked Johns to have used someone who could be considered a JLA villain, instead of a general DCU villain like Darkseid. Starro, Dr. Light, Dr. Destiny or someone new would have made more interesting opponents.

- Sons of the Desert

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 4 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:24 pm

Such a bad issue. The only good thing about this is that they finally made Darkside just straight up deadly. No monologue or anything just destruction.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Plenty of great stuff
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

Victorian Squid
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Formerly: Schmormerly

Postby Victorian Squid » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:42 pm

It's because the writer sucks.

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 1 post

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:07 am

I like this Darkseid also. Yeah, the plots have a few hiccups but it's not all that bad.

C'mon. There are still Rob Liefeld titles still being produced :P
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

Juan Cena
DANG!

Postby Juan Cena » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:29 pm

IvCNuB4 wrote:I like this Darkseid also. Yeah, the plots have a few hiccups but it's not all that bad.

C'mon. There are still Rob Liefeld titles still being produced :P

The big problem is the pacing. Johns shouldn't have taken more than two issues to introduce all the Leaguers. Instead, it took three (four, if you don't count Aquaman appearing in the last panel of #3). It means that the story on Apokalyps is going to be a little more rushed than it should be.

- Sons of the Desert

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand