Advertisement

The Unwritten #33.5 (Raggy Doll Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 43 posts
Title: Shitlord

The Unwritten #33.5 (Raggy Doll Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:45 am

Wow, this issue really knocked me for a loop. It’s an origin for the creepy Marionette Lady Mmme Rausch who’s been in the background working for the Cabal, and I was expecting the usual supernatural, weird kind of story. But the real truth is much more real, and much more scary. As a young girl, Rausch was sexually molested by her father, who got her pregnant, and then during an illness where she lost her child, she seemed to have been contacted by the Leviathan whale and gained her ability to control puppets. The scene where the young soldier sees that happening… it was truly disturbing. This whole issue was disturbing, I was shocked and freaked out. I read this late last night, and it’s no exaggeration to say it kept me from sleeping for a while. Proof indeed that true horror always comes from humanity, not from monsters or ghosts. This was a brilliant issue, but not for the faint-hearted. But then readers of The Unwritten have already had to suffer through the death of those two French children who were obsessed with Tommy. This book really can go dark when it wants to and Mike Carey and Peter Gross have probably written the comic that has scared me the most in 15 plus years of comics reading.

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand