Advertisement

Superman #5 (Menace or Messiah? Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Superman #5 (Menace or Messiah? Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:21 pm

It’s brilliant to have Nicola Scott back on art for this issue, I really like her style, it’s classical yet modern. I’ll definitely check out Earth 2 for her artwork alone. The story here was decent too, as an imposter Superman goes around killing and destroying things that have threatened Metropolis in the past. I will say that I was annoyed they killed Titano, I love that dumb ape. I wonder if some of the weirdoes online that have been complaining about the new Superman being a ‘pussy’ preferred the evil version? I imagine they did, their vision of Supes seems to be a big dumb fascist jock. One thing I like that’s run through this whole arc is the focus that Perez has put on the media and how it perceives Superman. Today’s media climate is vastly different from 1938’s and since Clark Kent works for a newspaper it makes a lot of sense for it to be explored here. Perez only has one issue left, let’s hope he provides a satisfying conclusion. Here’s an out-there prediction, #1 of this book featured a link to Stormwatch right? What if the villain here is the personification of Metropolis as a City? Jack Hawksmoor spoke to Gotham and Paris, this mix of fire and ice could be Metropolis!

Advertisement

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Re: Superman #5 (Menace or Messiah? Spoilers)

Postby Juan Cena » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:49 pm

I wonder if some of the weirdoes online that have been complaining about the new Superman being a ‘pussy’ preferred the evil version? I imagine they did, their vision of Supes seems to be a big dumb fascist jock.

Now where the f**k did that come from?

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

Zechs
Staff Writer

Liked in: 3 posts
Title: Deposted Despot
Formerly: Blight, Deacon Frost, Heinrich Himmler of S_D

Postby Zechs » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:46 pm

Okay I saw a page of that ape biting it. So is this the new Eradicator who's doing it?

sdsichero wrote:
I especially like and admire Zechs. He's everything I wish I could be!

Dragavon wrote:Zechs... is...

Zechs...is...

I can't say it. It's too horrible. Zechs...is...not...wrong...

Juan Cena
DANG!

Liked in: 1 post
Title: The Lyrical Peyton Manning

Postby Juan Cena » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:10 pm

And Punchy, just to make things clear.

I want a Superman who's noble, not self-righteous.
I want a Clark Kent with a backbone. And one who actually does some reporting and not finger-waving (like in Action #3).

Is that what you consider "a big dumb fascist jock?"

"I have my heroes, but no one knows their names"
- Sons of the Desert

Strict31 wrote:I'm not sure that combining the nigh-uncontrollable power of LOLtron with the Nacireman is a good idea. Some years from now, when mankind is on the verge of extinction, we'll be able to look back and remember this moment, and say, "DANG."

http://www.shirtswithrandomtriangles.com/

Check out Christmas in Nacirema
http://www.pandora.com/?sc=sh619160960893481469&shareImp=true#!/stations/play/619160960893481469

IvCNuB4
Zombie Guard

Liked in: 2 posts

Postby IvCNuB4 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:04 am

Nicola's art has really become even stronger lately :smt023
-
Victorian Squid wrote:In a DC/Marvel cross-over "all your favorite Marvel characters would catch contextually-transmitted diseases and Steph infections."

avengingtitan
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 5 posts

Postby avengingtitan » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:27 pm

Amazing art..........thats the only nice thing I can say about this book.
Checkout my new Ebay Store.
Plenty of great stuff
http://www.ebay.com/usr/pennsylvanias_best_comics

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand