Advertisement

Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #6 (The Zoo Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 96 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #6 (The Zoo Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Did anyone else get a bit of a Watchmen vibe from this issue? I mean, Col. Quantum is surely a homage to Dr. Manhattan, there’s the reference to Captain Atom and of course, he fought in ‘Nam and is a big naked primarily-coloured guy. But this homage did work well, and the way his story ended was rather poignant. I just hope that the cover to this issue doesn’t lead to disappointment for some readers! It made it look like we were getting explosive action, when instead we got something just as good, but a lot quieter. I particularly liked how the story of Quantum showed us a Frankenstein adventure in the past, I think it would be a great idea for Frankenstein to take a leaf out of Starman’s book by doing periodic ‘Times Past’ issues which show Frank’s adventures in the past, something for Matt Kindt to think about when he comes on board. The other plotline of the Humanid’s becoming sentient was cool too, but it’s only really getting started, but I especially liked how it came out of Brother Eye’s actions in #5, which demonstrated that the crossover happened for a reason. Well, a reason more than just money, which is more than you can say for most crossovers!

Advertisement

Stephen Day
Wrasslin' Fan

Liked in: 428 posts
Title: Maple Leaf Ninja

Re: Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #6 (The Zoo Spoilers)

Postby Stephen Day » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Punchy wrote:Did anyone else get a bit of a Watchmen vibe from this issue? I mean, Col. Quantum is surely a homage to Dr. Manhattan, there’s the reference to Captain Atom and of course, he fought in ‘Nam and is a big naked primarily-coloured guy. But this homage did work well, and the way his story ended was rather poignant. I just hope that the cover to this issue doesn’t lead to disappointment for some readers! It made it look like we were getting explosive action, when instead we got something just as good, but a lot quieter. I particularly liked how the story of Quantum showed us a Frankenstein adventure in the past, I think it would be a great idea for Frankenstein to take a leaf out of Starman’s book by doing periodic ‘Times Past’ issues which show Frank’s adventures in the past, something for Matt Kindt to think about when he comes on board. The other plotline of the Humanid’s becoming sentient was cool too, but it’s only really getting started, but I especially liked how it came out of Brother Eye’s actions in #5, which demonstrated that the crossover happened for a reason. Well, a reason more than just money, which is more than you can say for most crossovers!

yeah, I got the watchmen vibe too. As for your idea about doing the occasional Times Past type issue, I think that would be great.

I really enjoyed this issue. Quantum's story was a sad one that had a tragic ending.

Thank you Troy for the sig

alaska1125
dINGO

Liked in: 150 posts

Re: Frankenstein: Agent Of SHADE #6 (The Zoo Spoilers)

Postby alaska1125 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:03 pm

[quote="Punchy"] I particularly liked how the story of Quantum showed us a Frankenstein adventure in the past, I think it would be a great idea for Frankenstein to take a leaf out of Starman’s book by doing periodic ‘Times Past’ issues which show Frank’s adventures in the past, something for Matt Kindt to think about when he comes on board./quote]

That was what Lemire had planned and I do hope Kindt considers continuing in that vein.

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand