Friday, May 27, 2016 • Midnight Edition • "ISIS approved!"

The Outhouse - The Greatest Comic Book Forum

Comics news, comic book reviews, feature articles about comics, interviews with comic creators, plus the greatest comic book and pop culture discussion in the Outhouse forums!

Hellblazer #288 (The Horny Lass Spoilers)

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Well, they're not accepting new members, but we'll take anyone here, so why not sign up for a free acount? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy

Staff Writer

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:47 am

This arc of Hellblazer really is great stuff, possibly among the best stories the title has had, and that’s saying something with the quality this book has had for years, nay, decades. John tries to trick Satan who also tries to trick him over the fate of his sister’s soul. The scenes were John goes to visit his sister in Hell were brilliant, very dark, and very gripping. The page of the blood-soaked bed was a shocking visual, and although the revelation as to why Cheryl was in Hell was probably something we could all see coming, it made sense. Much like last issue, the real horror actually came in the ‘real’ world, rather than the underworld, with the relationship between Gemma and Terry continuing to reap very scary fruit. Is she dead? Who knows, but I can’t wait to find out. If you’re not reading Hellblazer, you’re missing out on one of the most daring comics out there, one that’s not afraid to go for it.

oogy

Zombie Guard

Postby oogy » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:06 pm

Great issue as always, but the art seemed a little off here. Giuseppe (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) is fantastic, but this felt a little rushed. It may have just been the inking, but it wasn't as good as he usually is IMO.

leave a comment with facebook