Advertisement

Mighty Thor #11 (Highness. Es Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 108 posts
Title: This guy, right?

Mighty Thor #11 (Highness. Es Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:25 am

Another issue of two halves. The first half is a blistering action sequence as Thor and a bunch of other Gods smash their way through the Demogorge’s body. It was a lot of fun seeing Thor just cut loose and kick some ass, and Ferry drew it very well, he’s perfect for the weird aliens and environments that Thor is facing. The stuff on Earth was a little slower, but still good, I was shocked by the level of violence as the fake Crone killed Kelda, really visceral stuff. Am I the only one who’d like to see a Silver Surfer/Loki team-up book? They have a cool relationship going on here. I would probably have liked the Tanarus plotline to have gone on longer, but you can’t really complain with how it’s ending, never before has Heimdall been such a bad-ass. It was good to see Tony Stark again, but what the hell was he wearing? He looked like a gay pirate! Maybe I’m being charitable to this book because I watched the Thor movie again yesterday, but this is still good comics.

Advertisement

Grayson
Outhouse Drafter

Liked in: 1458 posts
Title: The Intersect
Formerly: Sakie

Re: Mighty Thor #11 (Highness. Es Spoilers)

Postby Grayson » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:38 pm

Wait, they killed Kelda again? When I was still reading Thor, I really enjoyed all of the little side stories featuring Kelda and Bill. Then they killed Bill, killed Kelda, and then brought her back. Unfortunately this was during Seige when my interest in most Marvel titles was pretty low so I don't really know what happened next other than Kelda saw Bill in Valhalla and spent some time with his parents.

I was really hoping that they would have revealed that Kelda was pregnant or some other writer would have continued her story at some point.

The Bass

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby The Bass » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:33 pm

Does anyone else think this is really rushed? Frankly, I wanted more Mighty Tanarus.

bkthomson
YOU WILL NEED A NURSE

Liked in: 46 posts
Title: Invisible Man of the Outhouse

Postby bkthomson » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:41 pm

Yeah, slightly rushed. I have not been enjoying this storyline much, well compared to Journey Into Mystery, Thor has been a a very weak book.
I used to have goals. They were evil goals, but they were goals. -- Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Dragavon wrote:He's being diplomatic again. :lol:

Zechs wrote:I have to repress you more. You're way too goodie two shoes.

Fat Ollie Weeks wrote:I swear to God, you are so boring sometimes I think you're just a stealth-mod-bot that Jude has coded.

The Bass

Liked in: 63 posts

Postby The Bass » Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:18 pm

You can't compare Journey Into Mystery to Thor.! Thats an insult to Journey Into Mystery

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand