Advertisement

Morning Glories #16 (You're madly in love with me Spoilers)

Discuss the latest comic book news and front page articles, read or post your own reviews of comics, and talk about anything comic book related. Threads from the two subforums below will also show up here. News Stand topics can also be read and posted in from The Asylum.

Hey you! Reader! Want to be a part of the GREATEST COMIC BOOK AND GEEK COMMUNITY on the web?! Logged in users see WAY LESS ADS, so why not register? It's fast and it's easy, like your mom! Sign up today! Membership spots are limited!*

*Membership spots not really limited!

Punchy
Staff Writer

Liked in: 0 post
Title: Shitlord

Morning Glories #16 (You're madly in love with me Spoilers)

Postby Punchy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:34 pm

Every time I read an issue of Morning Glories I think to myself: ‘This is the most like LOST this book has been so far!’ and it’s true, this issue was very, very LOST. Casey and Miss Hodge have been sent back to the past just like a bunch of the LOSTies were in Season 5, and although this isn’t the 1970s, it’s still similar. What I found most interesting was the fact that in the past, Casey has the power to tell other people what to do, I wonder why that is? Adding to the LOST similarities, this issue also featured a flashback to Casey’s life before she went to the MGA and showed her relationship to her father. At first I thought that this was re-treading old ground, but then at the end when her dad remembered meeting older Casey… it got very interesting indeed. The time-travel hurts my brain a bit, but it’s exciting, I reckon Spencer is setting up a way for Casey’s parents to come back from the dead, or at least not be killed at all in the new time-line. This book continues to pile on more and more mysteries and at times it’s more than I can really take, but each issue is so full of great moments that it’s easy to forgive the over-complex stuff that’s going on. I just hope that Nick Spencer has good answers for all of these questions, unlike LOST. (And I liked the ending of that show!)

Advertisement

leave a comment with facebook

Return to The News Stand